Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 376 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is what my quote came back at. Pretty sure I have a 1000 deductible on all my vehicles.

Good Morning Paul, Your new Polaris Slingshot will be $949 per year . If it is a Slingshot SL it looked like it would be about $933 per year. If you decide you need the Turbo that would increase the insurance to $1343.00. I look forward to getting the VIN to add it on your policy , then to seeing you tooling around town. Thanks Jerry

·
Registered
620 Posts
Got mine today also from Country Financial ,$396.01 a year without Med . I got health ins for crashes, and am 53 with a pretty clean record for the last few years living in a rural setting , retired .

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
I am in AZ also and Farmers told me a couple of weeks ago that they wouldn't cover it! ha Got to love insurance companies! :bag:

Was it 100/300? And did you already have auto and home with them?

Thanks!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am in AZ also and Farmers told me a couple of weeks ago that they wouldn't cover it! ha Got to love insurance companies! :bag:

Was it 100/300? And did you already have auto and home with them?

Thanks!
yes 100/300 and I have 2 homes, 3 cars and a Harley with them. Also, this is for wife and myself with good records----(old fart here 56)

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Got mine today also from Country Financial ,$396.01 a year without Med . I got health ins for crashes, and am 53 with a pretty clean record for the last few years living in a rural setting , retired .
I called my local Country Financial and they said the underwriters would not cover the Slingshot. I took her a few hours to figure this out. I am hoping that this is just for AZ, as she didnt clarify.

So frustrating that so many people get different answers....

·
Registered
642 Posts
First it's frustrating that we have 3-4 threads about insurance since everyone starts a new one when they get their quote.

There are a lot of factors when it comes to insurance, first and foremost is NOT age or points, but what metropolitan area you live in. Then points, age and how many policies you carry with a certain insurance group. Maybe we need to start a thread titled "Official Insurance Quotes" and have certain info that needs to be included.

EDIT: I started one. I could careless if anyone starts another one. I know what my insurance will cost.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
First it's frustrating that we have 3-4 threads about insurance since everyone starts a new one when they get their quote.

There are a lot of factors when it comes to insurance, first and foremost is NOT age or points, but what metropolitan area you live in. Then points, age and how many policies you carry with a certain insurance group. Maybe we need to start a thread titled "Official Insurance Quotes" and have certain info that needs to be included.

EDIT: I started one. I could careless if anyone starts another one. I know what my insurance will cost.
You should instruct people in your thread not to post discussions, just quotes, so they will be easy to index without pages of more talk.

·
Registered
776 Posts
The main concern for me right now as far as the SS goes is, how much is it going to cost me to insure it !!!!! I understand production delays. I don't like it, but it happens. I mean no matter when I get the SS I will have to go through a winter sometime. I just wish Polaris would release a VIN # . Then I could start shopping for coverage. I know some of you have deep pockets and its just not a big deal for you. I'm not in that boat .

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
The main concern for me right now as far as the SS goes is, how much is it going to cost me to insure it !!!!! I understand production delays. I don't like it, but it happens. I mean no matter when I get the SS I will have to go through a winter sometime. I just wish Polaris would release a VIN # . Then I could start shopping for coverage. I know some of you have deep pockets and its just not a big deal for you. I'm not in that boat .
Dewaine - I am lost on why you don't use the VIN # from the Demo model below?!? o_O

Here it is again - 57XAAPFA2F5100033

This VIN # pulls up all the information that an insurance agency would need to quote you coverage. A lot of us have used it and it works. If it doesn't pull up anything online or with the agent, it means that they are not currently covering it.

I am guessing there are a few of us that need to figure this out and cannot afford to pay $3k-$10k a year to insure this thing. Hopefully you have good news in your search!

·
Registered
776 Posts
Dewaine - I am lost on why you don't use the VIN # from the Demo model below?!? o_O

This VIN # pulls up all the information that an insurance agency would need to quote you coverage. A lot of us have used it and it works. If it doesn't pull up anything online or with the agent, it means that they are not currently covering it.

I am guessing there are a few of us that need to figure this out and cannot afford to pay $3k-$10k a year to insure this thing. Hopefully you have good news in your search!
Thank you, My dealer told me that a VIN . # was not available . He said if someone had a VIN # , He had no idea how they got it. But at this point I am willing to give it a try. Again Thanks, It's a good place to start.

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Phoenix AZ
One auto and home
Zero

Farm Bureau - $373 a year with 100/300 both, $2,000 medical, $500 deductible

State Farm - $980 a year with same as above and $1000 deductible

Nationwide - $1,412 a year with same as above and $1000 deductible

Markel - $1,200 Slingshot only with same as above and $1000 deductible

Progressive - $4,000

WONT INSURE SLINGSHOT CURRENTLY - Farmers, Countrywide, Liberty Mutual, Acuity, Geico, etc., etc....

·
Registered
620 Posts

Good info to have

1 - 20 of 376 Posts