Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
geico quoted $96 per month for the SlingShot SL, progressive $198, SF$45. I'll be calling Progressive... I have 5 vehicles insured with those SOB's !!!!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
NoComp1.....progressive $198 per month? and State Farm only $45 per month did I get the correct?
Absolutely Correct Weston!!! and I was talking to a live Agent also. It put me on the verge of EXPLICATIVES too.
Tho I don't like to do that when " my call is being recorded for Quality Assurance".

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
geico quoted $96 per month for the SlingShot SL, progressive $198, SF$45. I'll be calling Progressive... I have 5 vehicles insured with those SOB's !!!!!
Geico gave you a quote on the Slingshot?????? I got a automated email from them stating they wouldn't cover it at all. That was a month ago. I am hoping something has changed.

Reactions: rydahog

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
For those here in Florida, the best I found (and yes they do insure it as I've got the policy paid for already) is with Allstate. I never thought Allstate would have been a competivily priced insurance company (I had them many years ago and they were crazy expensive if you were under 25 years old). but now they're pricing for almost all their products are really reasonable. give them a call and see for yourself and no, I'm not an agent or get any kickbacks. We all have to help each other out finding a reasonable quote on the s/s

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
For those here in Florida, the best I found (and yes they do insure it as I've got the policy paid for already) is with Allstate. I never thought Allstate would have been a competivily priced insurance company (I had them many years ago and they were crazy expensive if you were under 25 years old). but now they're pricing for almost all their products are really reasonable. give them a call and see for yourself and no, I'm not an agent or get any kickbacks. We all have to help each other out finding a reasonable quote on the s/s
what was the price you paid?

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
what was the price you paid?

Confirmed and paid policy on Allstate Insurance from an Allstate agent in Florida. 50 y/o male, great credit, no accidents, 30+ years experience and having multiple policies with them is:

Bodily Injury Liability 250,000/500,000

Property Damage Liability $100,000

Passenger Liability 00

Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist -0

Medical Payments $0

Comprehensive -Actual Cash Value $250 deductible

Collision -Actual Cash Value $500 deductible

Total premium for 1 year is $206

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Confirmed and paid policy on Allstate Insurance from an Allstate agent in Florida. 50 y/o male, great credit, no accidents, 30+ years experience and having multiple policies with them is:

Bodily Injury Liability 250,000/500,000

Property Damage Liability $100,000

Passenger Liability 00

Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist -0

Medical Payments $0

Comprehensive -Actual Cash Value $250 deductible

Collision -Actual Cash Value $500 deductible

Total premium for 1 year is $206
thanks great price when i get my SS i will be calling Allstate since Geico say they do not cover it

·
Registered
658 Posts
I have Allstate on everything I own. I triple checked with my agent again today since im getting mine tomorrow and they said they could write and bind the policy through them but because of allstate's description of a motorcycle if there is a claim it could be denied. They sent me the wording from Allstate directly and it says it needs to have handlebar controlled steering system. They directly called out the Trex as not able to be insured. The Slingshot is very similar in design so it will probably be named on the next writing of their books. Maybe Polaris could get a little involved in the insurance side a little more than with just one company and work with them to help establish some decent coverage options.
I can probably get another copy of this wording from Allstate if anyone is interested in reading it.
I went with Nationwide for the Slingshot for the time being until Allstate gets their info decided.

As usual, your experience may vary, but I've seen the legal writing on the wall from Allstate.

Stephen

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have Allstate on everything I own. I triple checked with my agent again today since im getting mine tomorrow and they said they could write and bind the policy through them but because of allstate's description of a motorcycle if there is a claim it could be denied. They sent me the wording from Allstate directly and it says it needs to have handlebar controlled steering system. They directly called out the Trex as not able to be insured. The Slingshot is very similar in design so it will probably be named on the next writing of their books. Maybe Polaris could get a little involved in the insurance side a little more than with just one company and work with them to help establish some decent coverage options.
I can probably get another copy of this wording from Allstate if anyone is interested in reading it.
I went with Nationwide for the Slingshot for the time being until Allstate gets their info decided.

As usual, your experience may vary, but I've seen the legal writing on the wall from Allstate.

Stephen
How much did Nationwide cost you?

1 - 20 of 79 Posts