Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from a great day of riding in Southern Nevada. Took the wife out to Lake Mead from Las Vegas, then south to the Hoover Dam and back. Perfect day, sunny and around 76*. A little windy but not bad. Lots of looks, pictures, and kids waving. It seems "Hot Girls" like this thing! :)
Then took three neighbors for rides as well.
I have no complaints. It's just a lot of fun. The brakes are fine. The fit and finish seems fine as well. The sound system is better than I expected. I find that the ride is very comfortable, the seats are surprisingly comfortable too. I'm glad I have the back-up camera. There is zero visibility directly behind you when backing. I don't think a rear view mirror will help. The side mirrors are useful once adjusted, providing you know how to use them, and are used to driving a vehicle with zero visibility behind you. Neither the wife nor I can see any bubbles in the glue around the Speedo or Tac.. We have found no lose screws or anything like that.

So in summery: Day two and still loving it. 150 miles so far and everything is good. Tomorrow night we will hit the LV Strip for pictures.

Be patient. It is worth the wait. Unlike anything else.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
AWESOME SAUL! You and your wife enjoy it...you're a Happy Camper!

Looking GOOD!

image.jpg

I miss it out there especially this time of year, my folks lived in Summerlin and I enjoyed the visits!
MT. CHARLESTON is calling, do it before it gets too cold!

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for your comments. We are loving the SS. My wife said it's more fun riding in it, then riding her motorcycle. She will drive the SS also.
I did notice the belt wine people are talking about. It doesn't really bother me. I'm used to running snowmobiles and Polaris ATV's that have drive belts. This is a little louder than those, probably because they are enclosed in a housing and this is not. I don't feel it's bad, and have to turn down the sound system to hear it.

A few have asked about the headlights. So far they work fine. As good as most motorcycles, and better than some cars I've been in. Nothing to complain about there.

I'll post more after today's ride,

This is a fun toy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts