Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Sam, Gail & Snazzy
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think most owners will agree that the Slingshot Hood Closing and Opening is the one weak area of the Slingshot. Most owners find out real quick that Closing the Hood will find latches at the rear not both latching all the time or when trying to open the hood, you find it will not come up and only after several hard shaking pulls. I have found that a lot of the problem is from hood alignment. This video I have made is created from two other video I have made in the past that were made from Installing the Expended Range Hood Hinge. The other was one I showed how to adjust the space at the back of the hood and fender area. At the time I had not discovered the alignment problem. This new video I narrate the video with details of what to look for and how to make the rear latches alignment with hood alignment adjustments. Watch the whole video to learn all about it. You do not have to remove the hood, as I stated, I edited old video to show how to make the alignment adjustments to align the rear latch stickers to align with rear latch. Lube on latch and strikers goes a long way to help. Good Luck.

Slingshot Hood Rear Latches Alignment Procedure

1 - 1 of 1 Posts