Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A definite one off that nobody else has ....So I’m putting my baby up on the market 550 hp and a custom exhaust with a custom back end that nobody else has made with GM hearts Drive shaft spindles differential knuckles and more all parts readily available If anybody’s interested please call or text 1-416-992-7298 or email me at [email protected]
Except for the frame everything else has been modified on this under the hood and more
And yes 550hp to the rear wheels and yes those tires are 335 Michelin pilot sports if we have a deal shipping can be arranged through me anywhere in North America

·
Registered
2020 R Autodrive
94 Posts
What does making your 3 wheel Slingshot to a four wheeler do to it's classification of being a cycle or autocycle? I would guess the weight is over 1750 pounds and it doesn't have the safty equipment of a automobile does it. Sure looks good.

·
Registered
5,017 Posts
What does making your 3 wheel Slingshot to a four wheeler do to it's classification of being a cycle or autocycle? I would guess the weight is over 1750 pounds and it doesn't have the safty equipment of a automobile does it. Sure looks good.
Comes as a OEM motorcycle it's always a motorcycle.

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
Comes as a OEM motorcycle it's always a motorcycle.
If the vehicle is modified after the fact, the reality appears to be that apparently states and law enforcement are mostly choosing to ignore established definitions of a motorcycle/autocyle, allowing owners to continue to register their vehicles as such.

Bill

·
Registered
5,017 Posts
If the vehicle is modified after the fact, the reality appears to be that apparently states and law enforcement are mostly choosing to ignore established definitions of a motorcycle/autocyle, allowing owners to continue to register their vehicles as such.

Bill
Federal law says that OEM prevails ... if it comes from the factory as motorcycle it's always a motorcycle/autocycle.... Federal law says Slingshot is a motorcycle --- some states have called it a 'autocycle' which generally allows people without a MC endorsement to drive it. Indiana it's called a autocycle --- titled, registered, and plated as a motorcycle...but as the autocycle don't need the "MC".

·
Registered
2020 R Autodrive
94 Posts
Same here in Florida. I was just wondering about some of the mods that are being made to SlingShots. I needed to move the passengers seat in my new jeep about 3 inches aft because my girlfriend's has a fused left knee and can not bend it. Makes it very hard for her to get in. I was told that my insurance may find that a reason not to pay in case of a injury in a accident. Told the same thing about the seat belts.

·
Registered
2020 R Autodrive
94 Posts
It maybe alright with the Feds and the State but the darn insurance companies will use anything they can to avoid paying a claim.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts