Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This group needs to document the various "firsts" when the Slingshots (finally) hit the dealers.

The obvious "first first" is first to take delivery.

Others include:
* first to get a ticket (bonus points if it's on a test drive lol)
* first to top $2k in mods
* first to burn through a back tire
* first to ??????

·
Registered
843 Posts
This group needs to document the various "firsts" when the Slingshots (finally) hit the dealers.

The obvious "first first" is first to take delivery.

Others include:
* first to get a ticket (bonus points if it's on a test drive lol)
* first to top $2k in mods
* first to burn through a back tire
* first to ??????
*first to hit the wall...:confused:
*first to see a stranger in his SS...:eek:
*first to stay stuck side of the road!:(
*first to say to a kid...Hey jump behind the steering!!:)

·
Registered
414 Posts
  • First to get asked a really stupid question (do all 3 wheels turn?)
  • First to get caught in a rain storm (how fast does the floor drain?)
  • First to dramatically change the appearance
  • First to break 10,000 miles

·
Registered
183 Posts
I heard a rumor that most of the engineers that were driving these on the road for testing had gotten tickets already.
Wouldn't surprise Me to much. I'm sure
These will catch the eye of officers for a while. They will see this coming from a mile away in traffic. Some may even pull you over
Just to see what it is. May say another reason. But if there a motor head like most of us. There going to be curious! :)

·
Registered
843 Posts
Wouldn't surprise Me to much. I'm sure
These will catch the eye of officers for a while. They will see this coming from a mile away in traffic. Some may even pull you over
Just to see what it is. May say another reason. But if there a motor head like most of us. There going to be curious! :)
A friend made an pretty long and noisy burn in hot spot downtown Montréal last summer and just when he finish is burn he see two bike cops look at him, so he think that's it...here come the tickets!

So one cop make a move to stop with is hand, so my friend stop the T-Rex and the cops take his phone and take a picture!! The other one had thumbs up!

But i know police in USA was most stiffer than us!

I will never make a fool in USA ... I do not want to come back home by bus!:p

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I totally agree with 3wheel on this! I fully expect being pulled over for a look-see. That's why I'm going to print out and carry with me the Dept of Transportation web page that explains why I don't need a motorcycle license... cuz you know they have to ask to see your license.

Chief of police lives on my street. He'll certainly want to see it when I go by (like everyone else... duh). I'll stop and show off to him... and have a quick chat about the license thing. That way he can back me up if one of his subordinates disagrees about my lack of endorsement.

Another first: first to cause a rubber-necker to have an accident (hopefully NOT involving the SS)

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
First to get asked a really stupid question (do all 3 wheels turn?)
"Stupid Questions" is destined to become a thread all on its own. Can't wait to hear what everyone experiences with this... lol :wacky:

·
You could've had a V8
2,380 Posts
I was pulled over in my Shelby one night for "going too slow" since I was going 42 in a 50mph. The last question he asked was how much horsepower it had.

I don't mind talkin about the car but my time doesn't need to be wasted just to bs on the side of the road. Go to Cars and Coffee Saturday morning, the Chick-fil-A Friday evenings, or the local car shows and I would be happy to talk all about it otherwise keep catching the bad guys please.

Unfortunately I have a bad feeling this will continue with the SS though. Such will be the Rock Star life of the SS owner.

·
Registered
843 Posts
"Stupid Questions" is destined to become a thread all on its own. Can't wait to hear what everyone experiences with this... lol :wacky:
I just show the SS at the computer to someone work with me because he don't know what is the SS...first thing he said...WOW...You can go on the road with this...

·
Registered
843 Posts
I was pulled over in my Shelby one night for "going too slow" since I was going 42 in a 50mph. The last question he asked was how much horsepower it had.

I don't mind talkin about the car but my time doesn't need to be wasted just to bs on the side of the road. Go to Cars and Coffee Saturday morning, the Chick-fil-A Friday evenings, or the local car shows and I would be happy to talk all about it otherwise keep catching the bad guys please.

Unfortunately I have a bad feeling this will continue with the SS though. Such will be the Rock Star life of the SS owner.
110% totally!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts