Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Slingshot Grand Touring Chan Chew Two
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This post is to see if any other 2020 owners or other owners that have the factory Slingshot fender have had problems with the fender hitting the license bracket and scratching the fender?

I have a new 2020 Grand Touring and it does ride significantly better than my older Sling. I assume the shock and spring rates are different to provide the improved ride. Recently I took a short drive and went over a significant pothole. I was aware of the hazard and usually succeed in missing the pothole or at least keep part of the tire on the road to smooth the impact. For some reason I missed this time and hit it pretty hard!

i noted the impact and monitored tire and rim and they seemed fine. But when I got home I noticed the rear fender was scratched? At first I couldn’t figure out what had apparently fallen or hit the top of the fender. After looking at it closer I realized the License bracket and license frame had hit the fender?

wondering if anyone else has had this issue?

D123CAA4-B5E4-4F9E-94B9-AB437B582A54.jpeg

·
Registered
2015 2JZ swapped
413 Posts
I see you have a bracket around the plate. I bet that added length did it. The plate by itself shouldn't be able to hit the fender.

·
Registered
2020 Slingshot Grand Touring Chan Chew Two
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I see you have a bracket around the plate. I bet that added length did it. The plate by itself shouldn't be able to hit the fender.
I have a Legion riders plate Frame and it adds maybe 1/2 inch below a unframed plate. This is not any larger than the dealer frame or other standard frames.

The Sling fender is a little taller than my previous after market fender and that along with the frame and a hard hit on a bad pothole probably caused this issue. I will remove the frame and get the fender repainted and hope that resolves the issue!

Working with the local road maintenance folks to see if they can fix the pot hole and maybe pay for my repaint.

Reactions: EjFord and xd675x
1 - 3 of 3 Posts