1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

10815990_10205354105593487_105382763_n.jpg

coil1.jpg

cover3.jpg

Finished up the spacers and hardware kit for the covers. Covers go out to get anodized tomorrow, then laser etched and shipped to Slingmods.

12-5-14 update
I'm doing a small batch powder coated. I have 10 wrinkle red, three wrinkle black, and three wrinkle gray. Let me know if you want to reserve one of them. MSRP $89.00 We do not do powder coating in house yet. I just dropped them off they should be done next week.

12-17-14 update
First batch is done and shipped to vendors. I also included a little Christmas present in each box!

Looks like the red is popular. I will drop off more covers to be powder coated red

Wrinkle red
-MikeKC
-Mouch
-Redjim
-MitchS
-DFK Texas
-Carguyjohn
-Hogg
-NDV

Wrinkle black
-WithoutHope
-NightFlyer

Wrinkle gray

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Trying to decide if I want the same color as the oil cap and gas cap or go different...I'll probably have to ask the "expert" and she what she says....haha
Glad you said that! Im not sure how many people would be buying oil cap, coil cover, gas cap etc... But if you did would you want the same finish and color? The oilcap had to be anodized, its too detailed for power coating. But the coil cover can be powder coated. Wrinkle red and black would look nice imo.
redpowder.jpg

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
I just want it to look cool when I raise the hood. If the red oil cap matches the red coil cover I don't think it would matter if it was anodized or powder coated, wrinkled or smooth. Would the different surfaces cause the colors to look weird together? Guess we could always go with a black cap and a red cover, then it wouldn't matter. (see why I have to ask?) I know you aren't supposed to wear plaids and stripes together, everything else is fair game..:shamefullyembarrased:

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just want it to look cool when I raise the hood. If the red oil cap matches the red coil cover I don't think it would matter if it was anodized or powder coated, wrinkled or smooth. Would the different surfaces cause the colors to look weird together? Guess we could always go with a black cap and a red cover, then it wouldn't matter. (see why I have to ask?) I know you aren't supposed to wear plaids and stripes together, everything else is fair game..:shamefullyembarrased:
My personal taste would be larger items black then accent with red on the smaller parts like the oil cap.

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
Thanks for the input! TravAz did you get your SS yet?
I am still hanging out in the waiting room.

If I can't take delivery by next Saturday, I am going to get creative.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts