Polaris Slingshot Forum banner
21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
@Joker now that is what I like. What are the (rings) on the inside to add color? I really liked these rims but wanted a little color. Have been contiplating having to powder coat or painting new rims just to get a little more color with the black. This could be a solution. Thanks for posting. Options, options, options, ideas, ideas, ideas keep pics coming.

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
@Joker now that is what I like. What are the (rings) on the inside to add color? I really liked these rims but wanted a little color. Have been contiplating having to powder coat or painting new rims just to get a little more color with the black. This could be a solution. Thanks for posting. Options, options, options, ideas, ideas, ideas keep pics coming.
@Joker will chime in and correct me, but those wheels are most likely painted or powder coated. Most times these are done on 2-3 piece wheels, but some good tape masking and painting can get you the same look.

I have always really liked black spoke wheels that have the rest of the rim painted in a accent color. If I get crazy, I am going to do mine in blue.

Good looking machines hanging out around this shop!

Reactions: lostnparadise

·
Registered
939 Posts
These are the XO Verona rims aren't they? If so I was thinking these were a one piece rim. So I thought it was some type of ring added to the rim. I could be wrong which is most likely the case.

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
These are the XO Verona rims aren't they? If so I was thinking these were a one piece rim. So I thought it was some type of ring added to the rim. I could be wrong which is most likely the case.
If there are one piece, (like my Niche wheels) they would tape off all the areas they want to keep black and paint (most people) the rest in the color of choice.

Then usually they will clear over the whole rim to keep the look nice.

Reactions: lostnparadise

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
Check this out @lostnparadise... I am sure (90%) that they did something like this.

@Joker - Sorry for derailing the thread full of awesome Slings at the shop.

Reactions: Eric Sullivan

·
Premium Member
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
I haven't seen these wheels person and I am leaving to Colombia in a few hours until the 16th. For any info on wheels call DJ at the shop (954) 870-6921.

·
Registered
658 Posts
They are painted. DJ. Is working on my set as we speak. I'm having the same red done and a little extra. Hopefully I will have them within a week or two.
Here is a pic so you can see the inner/backside in a different color so you can see the actual color change. DJ sent me these pics when we were discussing my wheels.

Stephen

image.jpg

·
Registered
939 Posts
@toobad4u Thanks Stephen. I am really liking these rims. If you don't mind could you pm about what the extra painting costs. I think I would go orange with mine. You going for the 345 on the rear?

21 - 40 of 53 Posts