Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Polaris has a Slingshot at the Hay Days grass drags this weekend.
http://www.snobarons.com/

It will be roped off, but because I was one of the first pre-orders in Minnesota I have special permission to sit in it and get a closer look.
If there is any pictures or special request of something you want to see or know please post them and I will get it for you. I will be their in about two hours.

·
Registered
843 Posts
It will be cool if we can see the entertainment system ON....heard music from speaker....
Oh and see the gauges open....and if they have the LED kit install see what it look!

If you can't turn the key...just take some pictures of inside the SS...floor,under the seat...clear view of inside the luggage...where is the second 12V plug(never see where is it!!)

Thanks!:)

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It is not roped off but the red one at haydays is a early pre production and the hood is bolted shut. They are gonna try and get another one there late today or tomorrow so you can see under the hood. get to haydays if you want to see it and sit in it anyone can sit in it.
You are correct! No ropes, just got here.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
It will be cool if we can see the entertainment system ON....heard music from speaker....
Oh and see the gauges open....and if they have the LED kit install see what it look!

If you can't turn the key...just take some pictures of inside the SS...floor,under the seat...clear view of inside the luggage...where is the second 12V plug(never see where is it!!)

Thanks!:)
OK, they couldn't turn it on(almost did) because of the large crowds around this thing!
Rear storage is a lot bigger than it looks you guys will be happy!

Floor and other 12V plug pics;

- Second 12 Volt plug is between the seat towards the top facing down
SlingShot Plug.jpg

Glove Box 12V Plus USB / Good storage.
LG_9_6_14 077.jpg

LG_9_6_14 065.jpg

Driver side rear floor drain holes.
LG_9_6_14 064.jpg

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Yeah, ask them when these F**kers are gonna be delivered!
I had a great time !! The Polaris guys are extremely wonderful and super excited to share this thing with everybody.
I was told that they wanted to ship them at the end of September but they were completely overwhelmed with pre-orders and were having trouble with one of the manufactures getting them a part. He wouldn't tell me which one, he said it could be as simple as a bolt up to a body panel. But this part problem pushed things into October and also shorted the three unit delivery down to only two.
So the first shipment will be two units by the end of October. I had asked what order they would start shipping them in, as far as East Coast to West or North to South. He said, "the meeting to determine that is happening Monday. But every dealer will have the first order within two weeks, the logistics has been a nightmare but I promise every dealer will see units within two weeks of each other."

I also asked which colors will be shipped, he said "It very well could be two SL's we have seen many more SL's pre-ordered than we thought. But the SL is by far the majority waiting for pre-orders to be filled."

I asked how long after the initial shipment will the next orders be shipped. He said, "We are on track to ship at least 5 units to ever dealer before the end of the year"

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Some other observations;
- This thing looks really wide from the front, it's very hard to believe it's only 6.5' it looks 8'.
- Seats look plastic but are a very soft foam!
- It's hard to explain, but sitting in it the way they wrapped the seat around you is very comforting but when you look out the side it's completely open and a little narrower in the front so you truly feel like you could just reach out and touch the ground! Very cool and well done effect.
- One small note, while sitting in the passenger seat there is no grab handle so your tendency is to want to grab the parking brake handle. This could be a problem but I didn't hear anything from the demo rides. I just thought it might be a problem with a passenger.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts