Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
Probably as soon as I get my hands on one :)

I have a couple sets of fully adjustable FOX Shox in my garage just waiting to be bolted up to something. I have several sets of different height springs and spring rates as well. So I'm hoping that I have a set that will bolt right up.

·
Registered
52 Posts
They're going to need something quick, the stock stuff is junk. I assume Polaris will have some shitty Walker Evans kit right away, probably Fox within a few months...it will be an essential upgrade.

·
Registered
19 Posts
What else do u guys feel will be crazy factory slash cheap crap on it that will need to be replaced to make it better. Better is in handling

·
Registered
52 Posts
I just felt that the stock stuff was pretty harsh and there's no adjustability of any kind, not even preload...

·
Registered
702 Posts
No doubt stock is improvable, but it some of the harshness must be inherent with the stiff springs and swaybars needed to keep body roll so low.

·
You could've had a V8
2,380 Posts
Probably as soon as I get my hands on one :)

I have a couple sets of fully adjustable FOX Shox in my garage just waiting to be bolted up to something. I have several sets of different height springs and spring rates as well. So I'm hoping that I have a set that will bolt right up.
Are they remote reservoir? I am curious to see if someone will throw one on and how the remote reservoir will be routed/mounted.

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
Yes they are. They are off my Pikes Peak RZR. I have a set for when the car had 17'' of suspension travel (length for rear shock hopefully) and then a short set for when I slammed it at PP two years ago (fronts).

It might be a long shot, but I think there could be a chance. There will have to be room for the remote reservoir as well.

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
Looks to me like the rear shock will be super simple. Probably not even a 10 minute job. Worst case I would turn the shocks upside down and run the reservoirs on the bottom side.

·
You could've had a V8
2,380 Posts
Interesting. I thought it was a longer shock than that from a distance but seeing the extended mount on the swingarm squashes that notion.

Should be real easy!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts