Polaris Slingshot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
It was a scam post. I reported it weeks ago with details but my report was rejected.

Photo was lifted from a listing on Facebook by Billy W, owner of Galveston Slingshot Rentals. He is a great, longstanding, member of the Slingshot community that buys, rents, brokers, and sells parts.

This "Rhorman Dave" also posts under the name "Mark Barreta", aka "Mark Barreta sling sales"
Also uses alias names of Allan Blanco and Angel Blaco
Zelle accounts under the email addresses [email protected] and [email protected]

Sorry to hear you got scammed. Hope you can get something back through whatever pay app was used.

·
Registered
5,856 Posts
When I sell I tell the buyer to send me a check when delivered and satisfied. So far I haven't been screwed because when sell I am truthful about condition.
Same here...even shipped accross the pond. Always got my money, because they got what they thought was coming there way.

·
Banned
Slingshot 2017
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It was a scam post. I reported it weeks ago with details but my report was rejected.
View attachment 188024

Photo was lifted from a listing on Facebook by Billy W, owner of Galveston Slingshot Rentals. He is a great, longstanding, member of the Slingshot community that buys, rents, brokers, and sells parts.

This "Rhorman Dave" also posts under the name "Mark Barreta", aka "Mark Barreta sling sales"
Also uses alias names of Allan Blanco and Angel Blaco
Zelle accounts under the email addresses [email protected] and [email protected]

Sorry to hear you got scammed. Hope you can get something back through whatever pay app was used.
Who are you reporting the post as?? Did I scam you?? Why do you guys judge over what you don't know you didn't ask what happened. You just jumped into conclusion to the extent of reporting me. Please I dont scam anyone and ask the guy who said that bs what happened or what went wrong and if you got a conscience, you'll feel Soo guilty for judging me that way and trying to spoil my reputation

·
Registered
231 Posts
Who are you reporting the post as?? Did I scam you?? Why do you guys judge over what you don't know you didn't ask what happened. You just jumped into conclusion to the extent of reporting me. Please I dont scam anyone and ask the guy who said that bs what happened or what went wrong and if you got a conscience, you'll feel Soo guilty for judging me that way and trying to spoil my reputation
From what LjThorne and D Squad posted, I would have to conclude you are indeed a crook and this is a scam.

·
Registered
128 Posts
With all due respect, currently very little, the listing and photo you posted as yours is, in fact, NOT.
The photo is from a previous for sale listing made by a VERY WELL known member of the Slingshot community Bill Weisner, owner of Galveston Slingshot Rentals. The original photo actually had his business name on a side banner but, it seems to have been cropped out. YES, HE CONFIRMED THE PHOTO WAS HIS.

SEE HERE:

Furthermore - why do you share the same telephone number as Mark Baretta? - a well known scammer on all Slingshot Facebook groups.

Seems VERY clear.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Also,
Did you forget where you live when you posted the same Slingshade again? A Slingshade for a 2015?
Is it Utah? Or ......Mesa Az?

·
Registered
5,856 Posts
I get banned for a harmless joke and this crook is allowed to keep pulling his scams. Go figure.
Going to have to see if you can sell some of your "harmless jokes" --- sad that some of the people have to take advantage of some folks.

·
Registered
128 Posts
In the past, when I’ve tried to point out crooks and people selling plain dangerous stuff, I’ve gotten banned. When people are proven to be crooks, it’s silence from the moderators here. I guess they place making money above all else.
If I get banned for outing this crook.....so be it.
There is plenty of corroborating facts that prove he is a scammer.
There is always another forum and numerous Facebook groups that we can share info.
The Facebook groups have also been hit quite often with scammers but, they are usually identified quickly (using lifted pics) and booted.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts