Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
While I think the Slingshade is better looking, the Raptor is more versatile. Has a mirror kit and a speaker/switch possibilities.

·
Registered
2020 R Autodrive
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a mirror mounted on a post on the dash but I do like the speaker option with the Raptor. I am not sure which would be the strongest in a roll over as Polaris does not say what the frame is made of. The top is fiberglass. I not sure how good the friction hatch wound be after many uses. Don

·
Registered
5,283 Posts
The Slingshade seems to be susceptible to warping if left open in warm or hot sun. Most common complaint I've heard about it.

·
Registered
5,283 Posts
i have never had a problem with my Slingshade. I also have a rear view mirror mounted to the front of the shade.
All of the warping complaints I've read about had to do with leaving the Slingshade panels up in strong sunlight and the panels evidently warping from the heat and then not closing properly. Leaving the panels closed seems to avoid this.

·
Registered
2020 R Autodrive
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes that would be a better spot I have my mirror on a accessory post on the dash but it does block a little view. Works ok there and gives me a place for my handy cap parking tag so I live with it. Don

·
Registered
33 Posts
I installed mine using a ram mount. It attaches to the lip on the front of the top with two thumb screws and the mirror attaches to it. Its pretty secure had no problems yet with it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'd love to see how you did that. Do you have any pics?
I fabricated a rear view mirror on my stock sling shade from an Arlen Ness chrome Harley mirror mounted to a billet aluminum plate powder coated the same color as the roof. It is held on with 3m automotive tape so I didn't have to drill holes to mount it

1 - 13 of 13 Posts