Polaris Slingshot Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally decided to by a top from slingmods. Went to the web site "out of stock." Called and they said they did not know when or if the top would be in stock. If I wanted one I would have to pay in full to get my name on the list. That is charge the card like I had already spent the money and then pay the card company. I am a geezer but have never heard of such a business practice. Is this for real?

·
Registered
5,159 Posts
Finally decided to by a top from slingmods. Went to the web site "out of stock." Called and they said they did not know when or if the top would be in stock. If I wanted one I would have to pay in full to get my name on the list. That is charge the card like I had already spent the money and then pay the card company. I am a geezer but have never heard of such a business practice. Is this for real?
The supply/demand curve is just crazy on every thing. The venders can't get from the manufactures and the manufactures can't get the raw materials or HELP to build the products. Talking to a local 'water softener' company and he can't buy and get delivered new units and he has been a major distributer for 30 years with the supplier.
I'm a residential painting contractor and PAINT is hard to get. At this point you may want to wait until late fall/winter to buy. There is only a couple of vender making tops so it dosen't matter who you call answer going to be close to the same.

·
Registered
8 Posts
When I go to my dealer for accessories now I pay 100% up front for all special orders. It is just the way it is.

·
Registered
5,446 Posts
If you can, check other sellers to see if the same top is available from some one else or contact the manufacturer in hopes of getting a better idea of availability.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Have you looked at the Twist Dynamics website, I have the Gull Wing Roof and I love it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts