Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a big (ger) guy...6'3" 245-ish

I watched the install video for the stinger roof and I saw how the front support beam mounts in the center console/cup holder. Does that beam cause fit issues for the driver? It seems like your shoulder would hit if it if you have broad shoulders.

Any feedback?

·
Registered
119 Posts
I am 6'4" 260 with pretty big shoulders and it does not interfere with me when I drive. I can lean over into it, but it does not cause fit issues. The stinger top is well made. I have been super impressed with the Madstad Stinger and the adjustable wind shield combination.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Perfect person to ask this question then...

Is it sturdy enough to hang from during egress?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Is it sturdy enough to hang from during egress?
Yes it is sturdy enough to use when exiting. I mostly use it when getting in to help maintain balance. When exiting, I usually use the console by the emergency brake handle to help push up, but you could use it no problem. The support beam and stinger are mounted solid.

·
I'm huge in Japan...
1,839 Posts
Can you drive with the roof panels swapped that direction?
Noel was saying you can drive with them flipped around so you can take them with you. It's a lot nicer than I thought it would be. I initially didn't like the look of it, but after seeing it in person, it's actually a good looking piece.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Noel was saying you can drive with them flipped around so you can take them with you. It's a lot nicer than I thought it would be. I initially didn't like the look of it, but after seeing it in person, it's actually a good looking piece.
It's funny because I have heard people say you can flip them around on the install and review videos, but they never show them driving like that or talk about whether or not there is any vibration or bouncing at freeway speeds. For me that is key. On a trip down the Oregon coast, the weather can get nasty really quick and then clear up just as fast. Probably similar to Florida, lol. Being able to swap the panels around is a great selling point.

·
I'm huge in Japan...
1,839 Posts
It's funny because I have heard people say you can flip them around on the install and review videos, but they never show them driving like that or talk about whether or not there is any vibration or bouncing at freeway speeds. For me that is key. On a trip down the Oregon coast, the weather can get nasty really quick and then clear up just as fast. Probably similar to Florida, lol. Being able to swap the panels around is a great selling point.
Noel was the first I heard about driving with them turned around. He said they will act like a spoiler for the most part and if you leave the hydraulic lift portion up they will sit flush and close at about 65mph.

·
Premium Member
1,418 Posts
I drive with them in normal position below 35mph on the beach
The roof pulls all the wind down my back and cools me off.
Best part

1 - 13 of 13 Posts