Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you may well know, the Slingshot does not come with a spare tire, spare donut, or a flat patch kit.

Additionally, there isn't much room if you wanted to add one of these. Thankfully, we sell a few, rather small, and inexpensive solutions to this issue. There are a few choices for air compressor kits, but the one I recommend is the Slime Mini Air Compressor Kit.

0363-0019.png

This kit is designed for powersports or motor vehicle application, and the air pump will plug into the Slingshot cigarette-style outlet. Slime is a well known brand of tire puncture repair gel that can penetrate a puncture up to 1/4 in in diameter. This air compressor kit is one of many quality compressors they produce.

There is an 8' ft cord that can be adapted with alligator clips or the standard 12v accessory outlet plug, and will instantly power the durable internal battery to be ready for a quick compression.

The whole unit also weighs less than a pound and is also small enough to fit into your hand. It may be small, but at 300 PSI, it can fill up a tire in 10 minutes.

The entire kit is water and shock resistant and comes with a rigid weatherproof case, tire gauge, and instructions for use.

There is also a Slime Mini Spair Kit that comes with a tube of Slime for on-the-go repairs.

Slime-Power-Sport-Mini-Tire-Inflator-Compressor-Kit-0363-0019.jpg

See the repair kit here: http://www.fullthrottlemotorsports....23.SLIME_MINISMARTSPAIR_ANDCOMPRESSORKITS.htm

This unit starts at $42.95, but use your Slingshot Forum discount code to get an extra 10% off your order, for a total of $38.65! Order $100 worth of merchandise from our catalogs, and you also get free shipping!

PM me if you have not already received the discount code, which is good on almost any catalog and parts fiche in our online store, and almost every order over $100 includes free shipping!

If you have any questions about this air compressor or if you need help using your discount code, PM me!

·
Registered
215 Posts
I've been carrying one of these in each of my vehicles. I really like the compact size. It's a little slow when using it for my 4x4, but just fine with smaller tires. Remember patience is a virtue as we've all been taught by Polaris.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I would carry one of those small compressor....BUT the slime thing is not working...I would carry a small tire repair kit..with string and glue...
That slime sh.. Does a mess in your rim...no more tire guy will want to deal with your rims....

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would carry one of those small compressor....BUT the slime thing is not working...I would carry a small tire repair kit..with string and glue...
That slime sh.. Does a mess in your rim...no more tire guy will want to deal with your rims....
Slime certainly isn't for everyone. If you don't want all that goo constantly in your tires, you are best just to use the compressor and get to a repair facility fast.

In a pinch, I've heard from a lot of customers who appreciated having a bottle available though.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Hey guys...that kit is amazing.cheap and complete...
But please by yourselfe a 5$ kit of string and glue...or try the slime thing like a did...but the hole has to be very small or you will see the slime coming out and not curing the hole...
Nice kit Kip.....

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Eric, you're totally fine. I appreciate a little debate and reviews of the products we sell. Honesty is the best policy! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts