Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Disruptive --> IG /Facebook
551 Posts
Ohh Man... Im not sure those number will work with the SlingShot and keeping the wheel centered !

For example on the 11" rim if you go +20 then the wheel distance to the strut will stay the same on the right side, but on the left side it will extend 50mm which is around 2 inches off centered.

In order to keep the wheel centered the offset needs to stay around the same. 10mm Max either way will work.
The offset can be +35mm which will extend the wheel out by 10mm or +55 which will make it 10mm closer to the strut.

·
You could've had a V8
2,380 Posts
Ohh Man... Im not sure those number will work with the SlingShot and keeping the wheel centered !

For example on the 11" rim if you go +20 then the wheel distance to the strut will stay the same on the right side, but on the left side it will extend 50mm which is around 2 inches off centered.

In order to keep the wheel centered the offset needs to stay around the same. 10mm Max either way will work.
The offset can be +35mm which will extend the wheel out by 10mm or +55 which will make it 10mm closer to the strut.
You are right XXX, I deleted the post so as to not disseminate false information. I was confusing backspace with offset, my apologies. Been working on my jeep WAY too much. :)

·
Disruptive --> IG /Facebook
551 Posts
You are right XXX, I deleted the post so as to not disseminate false information. I was confusing backspace with offset, my apologies. Been working on my jeep WAY too much. :)

is all good man... I change wheels often so I keep measuring offsets just for the fun of it. My fun toy car is a mazda RX7 rotary twin turbo with close to 400HP, and it so happens that the lug nut pattern of the SlingShot is the same as the RX7... And the offsets are almost identical !

1 - 9 of 9 Posts