434 Posts
TOO LATE!!!!!
We already pissed off at Polaris

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ordered mine 160 days ago and still nothing but reds!:(
Dealer got a gray in also but was gone the same day. What is interesting is I told the dealer a spring delivery was OK but he said he could not guarantee delivery then.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
I really am happy for you JerriEric ! I can't figure out why Polaris sends a stock gray to your dealer when mine got two stock reds and my deposit for a gray has been down 5 months!!!!

This BLOWS !

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I really am happy for you JerriEric ! I can't figure out why Polaris sends a stock gray to your dealer when mine got two stock reds and my deposit for a gray has been down 5 months!!!!

This BLOWS !
I did not ask the dealer if that gray had a deposit. I will ask tomorrow is I remember and post here.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Seems the base models are a much rarer bird. Still #1 on the list for a base at my dealer since end of July. He already delivered a couple of SL's.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I

It is possible that dealers have some sitting due to buyer's backing out.
Congrats. May I ask what you paid? This would shed some light on the situation. If you paid over sticker or had a ton of "delivery setup fees" then most of us on the forum know what happened . . .

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Congrats. May I ask what you paid? This would shed some light on the situation. If you paid over sticker or had a ton of "delivery setup fees" then most of us on the forum know what happened . . .
25,000. Out the door. I did not try to get them to come down. 23,999 plus frieght.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I did not ask the dealer if that gray had a deposit. I will ask tomorrow is I remember and post here.
I bought the above mentioned Gray one from Westport. I saw him post it on Facebook the day he got it. I went in expecting him to have a buyer lined up for it. They said everyone that was coming in wanting one didn't want to put a deposit down. I have a feeling up here in Maine there will be a long line come spring! I signed on the dotted line and took delivery the next day.... No regrets here! :smuggrin:

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I bought the above mentioned Gray one from Westport. I saw him post it on Facebook the day he got it. I went in expecting him to have a buyer lined up for it. They said everyone that was coming in wanting one didn't want to put a deposit down. I have a feeling up here in Maine there will be a long line come spring! I signed on the dotted line and took delivery the next day.... No regrets here! :smuggrin:
gray sure is nice will have to try and get together and go for a ride sometime

·
Registered
175 Posts
25,000. Out the door. I did not try to get them to come down. 23,999 plus frieght.
There is your answer. I think if you buy the SL and agree to freight and set up fees, you will get the vehicle pretty quick. That additional cost based profit margin makes a huge difference. Some dealers, like mine, make up that percent margin with volume sales. Music to my ears as a consumer. I am a sucker for getting the best deal so volume dealers are my best friend. Bought a Jeep from Idaho for Goodness sakes (saved $3k).

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
There is your answer. I think if you buy the SL and agree to freight and set up fees, you will get the vehicle pretty quick. That additional cost based profit margin makes a huge difference. Some dealers, like mine, make up that percent margin with volume sales. Music to my ears as a consumer. I am a sucker for getting the best deal so volume dealers are my best friend. Bought a Jeep from Idaho for Goodness sakes (saved $3k).
I do like a lower price but did not want to put the effort forth. I wanted it so I just bought it. I did fly to South Carloina in '06 to buy my Goldwing. Saved 4k on that deal.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts