Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I picked up the SL the dealer actually showed me the seams on the left and right side panels and said they are all coming through like that. Very poor finish at the seams. Looks like they needed to be sanded then painted. Only other things I noticed was 1) hood does not align perfectly on drivers side and 2) steering wheel is not parallel when wheels are straight. I think these 2 items can be fixed when I get the 500 oil change. Oh, I did notice the front fender on the driver side (inside) has ripples in it. If this was my new car I would not have driven it off the lot.

·
Vendor
5,411 Posts
Question for the dealers.......In this circumstance can the issues only be remedied if we take delivery and then ask for the warranty repairs? Or, is it better to ask that it be fixed prior to taking delivery? Just curious....

I suppose if you didn't take delivery, nothing would stop the dealer from selling yours to someone "less picky" (using that term loosely of course) and then make you wait for the next one?

·
Registered
508 Posts
Question for the dealers.......In this circumstance can the issues only be remedied if we take delivery and then ask for the warranty repairs? Or, is it better to ask that it be fixed prior to taking delivery? Just curious....

I suppose if you didn't take delivery, nothing would stop the dealer from selling yours to someone "less picky" (using that term loosely of course) and then make you wait for the next one?
It's that waiting thing that some of us have to endure, or they can just request for a new part to come in that is under warranty and keep on driving.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Honestly, I don't see Polaris replacing the panels or the hood. Again, their QA is non existent. I think they just want to get them sold! Funny, I owned about 8 Polaris snowmobiles and the QA on those kinda sucked too.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
By alignment I mean the designated spots where you would put your hands are not level left to right. The left and right hand spots should be at 90 degrees when the wheels are straight but the left is at about 10:30 or 11 o'clock and of course that affects the right also. I'm sure it just unbolts and you have to move it a few notches. But leaving that up to the dealer. The mfg date on it is 10/20/2014. I checked the seams on the plastic all around and they are rough to the touch.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
forgot to mention when I picked up the slingshot it had a white delivery cover over it which is great for a dust cover in the garage so ask your dealer if you can have that if he still has it

·
The Pack
5,165 Posts
My SL requires that I keep the wheel about 11 o'clock in order to drive straight. I can make most highway right hand turns just by keeping the wheel straight. I mentioned it to the dealer and he thinks it's an alignment issue which is not covered under warrantee.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My SL requires that I keep the wheel about 11 o'clock in order to drive straight. I can make most highway right hand turns just by keeping the wheel straight. I mentioned it to the dealer and he thinks it's an alignment issue which is not covered under warrantee.
My dealer better not tell me that!

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
my steering wheel is about an 11 o'clock position. and the dealer should fix. i however think the dealer will do more damage than good. ill wait till someone perfects the process

Reactions: MitchS

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
my steering wheel is about an 11 o'clock position. and the dealer should fix. i however think the dealer will do more damage than good. ill wait till someone perfects the process
Agree, asked my dealer what was included in the 500 checkup and he looked at me and I said you do not know yet. He just smiled. I would do my own check but I always have the dealer do the first one so it is on record.

·
Registered
792 Posts
0 to 90 minutes is all it took for this slam-session to hit the forum? Wow, finally buy a Slingshot, and within 90 short minutes, to your keyboard with this feedback. And 100% of it negative. Yes, 100%! Not one thing positive to say about your new Slingshot? Handling? Comfortable seats? Attention-demanding good-looks? Rolling work-of-art appreciated by almost all that spot it? Smoothness of the shifting? Surprised by the wind protection offered by the blade windshield? Engine's power delivery? Low RPM torque? Did Polaris get ANY part of it satisfactory?

·
The Pack
5,165 Posts
0 to 90 minutes is all it took for this slam-session to hit the forum. And 100% of the opening statement was negative. Yes, 100%! Not one thing positive to say about your new Slingshot? Handling? Comfortable seats? Attention-demanding good-looks? Rolling work-of-art appreciated by almost all that spot it? Smoothness of the shifting? Surprised by the wind protection offered by the blade windshield? Engine's power delivery? Low RPM torque? Did Polaris get ANY part of it satisfactory?
Lol I adore my slingshot.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
0 to 90 minutes is all it took for this slam-session to hit the forum? Wow, finally buy a Slingshot, and within 90 short minutes, to your keyboard with this feedback. And 100% of the opening statement was negative. Yes, 100%! Not one thing positive to say about your new Slingshot? Handling? Comfortable seats? Attention-demanding good-looks? Rolling work-of-art appreciated by almost all that spot it? Smoothness of the shifting? Surprised by the wind protection offered by the blade windshield? Engine's power delivery? Low RPM torque? Did Polaris get ANY part of it satisfactory?
Boy you sure are sensitive. If l did not love it I would not have driven it home. If GmToyota ford etc can mfgr with high qa STDs why can't Polaris. Does the truth hurt?

·
Registered
61 Posts
When I picked up the SL the dealer actually showed me the seams on the left and right side panels and said they are all coming through like that. Very poor finish at the seams. Looks like they needed to be sanded then painted. Only other things I noticed was 1) hood does not align perfectly on drivers side and 2) steering wheel is not parallel when wheels are straight. I think these 2 items can be fixed when I get the 500 oil change. Oh, I did notice the front fender on the driver side (inside) has ripples in it. If this was my new car I would not have driven it off the lot.[/QI
I am having the same alignment issue, figured I would check my tire pressure weekend and If all checks out; i too will wait until my first service to have the issue addressed.

·
Registered
2015 2JZ swapped
415 Posts
The quality on he panels is the same for everyone. Some may be a little better than others, but this is not a $40,000 car. Bang for the buck (value) is pretty high compared to the competition. More time in the seat will conform this. :)

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Sensitive? No. Just some keen observation. Did Polaris do anything right? If so, it wasn't worthy of mention... yet.
You made an observation, no arguing that. But to call it a "Keen Observation" you're stretching it just a tad there now.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Honestly, I don't see Polaris replacing the panels or the hood. Again, their QA is non existent. I think they just want to get them sold! Funny, I owned about 8 Polaris snowmobiles and the QA on those kinda sucked too.
this needs to be replaced
20141215_164745.jpg

1 - 20 of 70 Posts