Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any guess on how long/wide the Slingshot will be? I'm hoping just small enough to fit in the back of a toy hauler. That would be a huge bonus being able to take it camping!

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
The Slingshot is the perfect vehicle to take in a toy hauler! I'm betting the front track width is no more than 70''. If you have an open layout in your toy hauler with the kitchen adjoining the garage area then I bet you could back it in to fit the narrower space.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Hmmmm, 91 octane is premium grade. Little pricey, but that is what my MB requires, so that is what it is fed.
You gotta pay to play:D

·
Registered
11 Posts
dry lbs. 1684, curb wt 1743, length>149.6 width>77.6..track width>69.1..wheelbase>105"..engine>2384cc=2.4DOHC...fuel>[email protected]>[email protected]
I have a 4 post lift that I now store my trike on it. Took width measurement of maximum tire width which is 72". The slingshot is 77.6" in width. The SlingShot will not fit on my 4 Post Standard Size lift. ??????? About the SlingShot now.

Good Day
trikerbob

·
Registered
11 Posts
dry lbs. 1684, curb wt 1743, length>149.6 width>77.6..track width>69.1..wheelbase>105"..engine>2384cc=2.4DOHC...fuel>[email protected]>[email protected]
I have a 4- post car lift and I measured to find out if the Slingshot will drive up on the Lift? This is what I found, my tire track width across the lift is 72", and the Slingshot has a 77.6" wide track. Not good because I was going to store the Slingshot on top above a car. So if anyone has a car lift, it is a NO GO.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Sorry, but not surprised, to hear that the Slingshot won't work with a car lift. I like the super-wide profile for stability, but that clearly isn't doing trikerbob any favors.

What about parking? One stated benefit of the Slingshot is ability to use motorcycle parking. But this thing has a bigger footprint than some cars... is cycle parking really an option? I'm a noob from a small town, so I don't see designated cycle parking on a regular basis. I have seen some with narrow stalls -- Slingshot would easily take up 2 of 'em. Not sure I want to be "that guy".

·
Registered
163 Posts
Sorry, but not surprised, to hear that the Slingshot won't work with a car lift. I like the super-wide profile for stability, but that clearly isn't doing trikerbob any favors.

What about parking? One stated benefit of the Slingshot is ability to use motorcycle parking. But this thing has a bigger footprint than some cars... is cycle parking really an option? I'm a noob from a small town, so I don't see designated cycle parking on a regular basis. I have seen some with narrow stalls -- Slingshot would easily take up 2 of 'em. Not sure I want to be "that guy".
I work on a University campus, where there is a pretty fair amount of designated motorcycle parking. These spots are basically parallel parking spots about the size of a car and a half where bikes can park against the curb. They fit about 6 motorcycles. I have a feeling if I were to park the SS there, a few people would be pretty POd. Don't think I will be taking that chance either.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I work on a University campus, where there is a pretty fair amount of designated motorcycle parking. These spots are basically parallel parking spots about the size of a car and a half where bikes can park against the curb. They fit about 6 motorcycles. I have a feeling if I were to park the SS there, a few people would be pretty POd. Don't think I will be taking that chance either.
Thought the same thing on my campus

·
Just say "NO" to PIMPS!
1,778 Posts

Motorcycle parking is NOT an option. I ride both and I would be very upset if a SS driver took a MC assigned space. The entire concept of MC parking is to make the best use of the parking space available. It is not a privilege.

·
Registered
5,913 Posts
Don't use it. Motorcycle spaces fit two wheels. If the space was ever MARKED big enough for the SS then I might slide into one. But where are you going to ever find a motorcycle parking space that is marked off that big?

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
There is a popular festival in Florence Oregon the 3rd weekend in May in existence 100+ yrs.

Since 1970 it's also been popular with the 2 & 3 wheeled enthusiasts and has grown to 300-500 bikes alone lining the streets with the exception of those with little, non-classic cars vying for the tightest spots to squeeze into.

Just amazes me the audacity some people! It's also interesting to ocassionally see where some of these small, light weight cars end up when night falls.

Regardless of the classification of the Slingshot it should not be allowed in mc parking only spots.
Robert

1 - 18 of 18 Posts