Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any way to add SiriusXM to a 2018 Ride Command? Yes I know I can Bluetooth. Would love to have the capability on the existing screen if possible.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Any way to add SiriusXM to a 2018 Ride Command? Yes I know I can Bluetooth. Would love to have the capability on the existing screen if possible.
I did add the SiriusXM to my 2018 SLR but had to use a small portable unit with a vehicle installation kit!

Also, I can only volume and mute from the Ride Command unit, but does use the Ride Command system speakers!

·
Registered
109 Posts
I did the same thing as Ga. I put a small metal plate on top of trim on rear fin for the antennae and milled a grove on back of trim to hide the wire. from there I just use the fm transmitter in Sirius radio to a blank station on the ride command. I don't think the ride command can have a Sirius brain put into it. P.S when my SS got totaled I took that piece of trim with the plate off it before they took it away. questions dm me or text 8606893746

·
Registered
85 Posts
I recently installed a Sirius Stratus 7 satellite receiver in my 2018 SL.

Learned a few things in doing so and will share that here.

Found the Stratus 7 new on eBay for $13.00.

Got a one year subscription from Sirius for $6.22 a month (all taxes and fees in that price).

Discovered that I needed to use the FMDA25 FM Direct Adapter on the antenna to get clear reception (eBay $15.00).

Found that placing the satellite antenna on the passenger side worked really well. There is some heat shielding right below there that acts as a ground plane and gives good reception.

Mounted the receiver to the windshield support using RAM mounts.

Everything works nicely and satellite reception is as good as in my car with exactly the same dead spots.

NOTE – If you want to listen to regular FM radio you must turn the Stratus 7 off else the FDMA25 will block all FM reception.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2632390680114221&set=pcb.2229257550518049&type=3&ifg=1&__tn__=HH-R&eid=ARAbE_DMVFaCfwddNkWgDQYvgYRWrj653ZE1Bv5VhcfOzLDi3yhk2LYunyaIGahLGlTP1nA_aGe6FuCU

1 - 6 of 6 Posts