Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Windshield friction with body can be avoided with insulation (household window/door insulation) strips.Remove windshield, install the insulation strips on the windshield (trim as necessary )
Add bigger rubber washers behind the three windshield screws.
Use the same insulation strips where the hood meets the main body.
Rear latches remove and increase in an oblique manner the bolt openings as to lower both latch catches. This made the hood come down as to not be as high and misaligned with main body.
Remove the useless center hood stop. See pic
Lost one of the side hood rubber stoppers and replaced it with some I had from other projects (use foam safe glue)

These small fixes made my hood latch on better and with no vibration

Attachments

·
Thank You All, You Know Who You Are!
3,685 Posts
@nemesis1701 I like your paint job. I like your gray accenting of spots I haven't seen accented before. Thanks for all the helpful tips.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
The adjustment (up - down , front only ) are located just ahead of the bolts nemesis notes. The rubber pads have adjustment that allows for a little more fine tuning. Used them to have the hood rest a little closer to the side turn-marker lights. Mine came from the factory unequal left to right and I could slide my thumb between the hood and the light housing.

Nice job Nemesis. I have also done similar seals and agree that they do help with the fitment and closing of the hood.

·
Registered
84 Posts
What's the point of the mirrors on the license plate? Same mirrors I have on my Softail. Also, where'd you get the license plate frame, I'd like to have that for my Softail.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts