Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Congrats FJ on your SS arrival.
I'm sure your wife will eventually find her way home with it.
I am still waiting on the Titanium.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
I am blowing Coke out my nose again Joe......I thought you already painted her Silver!!! Congrats my friend.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Congrats FJ on your SS arrival.
I'm sure your wife will eventually find her way home with it.
I am still waiting on the Titanium.
I am # 3 for Titanium behind you at same dealership, so please let me know of any updates you receive.
I REALLY want you to have a MERRY xmas so I have a great January! lol

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
image.jpg
That's Jim owner of Best Buy Vehicle in the passenger seat showing me around the SL.

Southbound on I-95 a few days before Christmas going from Amelia Island to Ft Pierce is full of Snowbirds. Locals call this section of I-95 "Yankee Alley". Respectfully of course because we depend on the Yankee Dollar here in Florida most of the state is in the tourist business in one way or the other. That's one reason we have no income tax in the State. @Mike Mtl we even like the Canadian Dollar down here even if you speak French we will figure out some way to understand what you are saying so we can still take your money. Anyway. Me and a co-worker, Michael, drove my Raptor down to Ft Pierce. Got there about noon. Mary of Best Buy Vehicle had all paper work ready. This is the 6th time I have sat down with Mary because this is the 6th purchase I have made from them over the years. Mary always is very efficient. My SL was sitting in the showroom. Jim , owner of Best Buy Vehicle, jumped in it to drive it out of the showroom. He gave me a good review of the workings of the SS and I was off. Stopped at the first gas station to fill it up. Jim charged MSRP plus tag docs only so he was not going to buy me gas. At the gas station people wanted to know what it was, cost, where can I get one, etc. jumped on I-95 northbound. It was very easy to keep up with the flow of traffic going 70 to 90. It was above 75 degrees when I left Ft Pierce so I was a bit warm driving. A long sleeve shirt would have been just fine. The SS gives you the feel of a motorcycle because you must be in tune with all traffic in front and sides and behind you at all times. I was impressed that I-95 traffic never tried to push me around or cut me off. The SS has a presents on the highway that demands respect. It states I am as fast as I look and if you mess with me I will kick your butt. I know I stand out on the highway I can zig and zag if I want you can do nothing about it so deal with it. The statement you hear on the highway is "I want one too". As long as you are in control this is a real fun machine. Just stay in tune with the traffic around you. The wind shield is high enough to create a wind flow just above the top of my helmet. And yes a helmet with full face shield is a must for high speed highway driving. Felt a few pebbles hit my helmet several times. The gears are smooth and the power is very respectable even at high speed I-95 driving. I did hear the whine during downshifting and at high rev. Did not experience any sticking high rev. I drove 275 miles in four and half hours includes two or three stops. Great fun machine love it.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am # 3 for Titanium behind you at same dealership, so please let me know of any updates you receive.
I REALLY want you to have a MERRY xmas so I have a great January! lol
BatWing. Even with all your toys you will love this thing. It's wild. It's very different. Hope yours is in very soon.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Glad to see the only use you have for us Northerners is our money there Johnny Reb.. I Kid, I kid. Congratulations man! Have fun and be safe!
Saint. I grew up in North Carolina and as a little boy thought the war between the north and the south was between North Carolina and South Carolina and that North Carolina won.:)

·
Registered
175 Posts
BatWing. Even with all your toys you will love this thing. It's wild. It's very different. Hope yours is in very soon.
I agree 1000%. I have a lot of toys, but just like when we were all kids, the price of a toy matters not. They all become equals in your chest day one and then the favorite is chosen by what is MOST FUN. I thinking I might be grabbing the SS keys out the key drawer in the kitchen A LOT.

$ per Fun there is NOTHING on the market even a close second.

Reactions: Slobbering Fits

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hey FJ, you need to tell that guy on the forum, old what's-his-name, your build date and last 4 of the VIN.

By the way, what was your build date? Curious...
Congrats on the SS! Happy for you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 34 Posts