Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I promised I looked for the answer but couldn't find anything. Probably because it is obvious but either way.
I am trying to remove the side panels that have the vents in them. I'm calling them side flares but not sure of tech term. How do these get removed without breaking anything? I removed the four bolts but cannot remove the fasteners on the top. Is there something else that holds the lower half in place?

·
Registered
686 Posts
@Slingking did an install video for his new header, and there is a section in the vid that he shows how to remove the fender:

I made a small mistake on this video....Probably not critical enough to change. Let me know what you guys think. Thank you @MrWinn for the music! :)

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
Slingkings video shows how to take the entire side piece off.

If you are trying to only take off the small piece with the vents, you will have to drill out all the top rivets.

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
If you are talking about the rivets, I'm not 100% sure. I'm guessing if you have rivets and a rivet gun, it shouldn't be bad.

If you are doing exhaust work, it is probably just easier to take the whole side piece off.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have another vehicle that has the same color scheme as the ss so I wanted to accent the ss with "carbon fiber" hydrodip like the other car actually has. I went on ebay and found the rivets polaris uses for the ss and their other models, so I drilled out the top rivet as suggested and the top was double sided taped too.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I have another vehicle that has the same color scheme as the ss so I wanted to accent the ss with "carbon fiber" hydrodip like the other car actually has. I went on ebay and found the rivets polaris uses for the ss and their other models, so I drilled out the top rivet as suggested and the top was double sided taped too.
Sounds like you got it figured out, I drilled out the rivets also when I took mine off to paint. Rather than replace with rivets again, I chose to install stainless steel cap bolts with nylon nuts. There is access to the bottom side to install the nuts and then the fenders are readily removable in the future. I have had mine off twice since.

·
Vendor Supporter!!!!!!
405 Posts
Be careful when you hydrodip them. I tried it and had to sand smooth the entire "flare" panel. not a fun or easy job.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts