Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well let me start with again commending the guys at this company for all their help, knowledge, and patience. These guys worked like beat circus monkeys at SSITS 2016 and if I had to put money on it, I would say I bet they will do the same next year.

Now for the review:
I have received and installed a Side Exit Exhaust for Alpha.
The exhaust was VERY well packaged and it is a beautiful product . It has been a while since I installed the exhaust but I was finally able to test drive the sling today.
First impression is that Alpha has nailed the perfect exhaust, loud when you want it to be and quiet when you cruise down the highway.
Upon start-up you are greeted with throaty and very impressive sound, and adding a bit of the stupid pedal was oh my goodness a wonderful roar of a sound. But when you get up to speed and are cruising along the exhaust calms right down and gets very mellow and to me almost quieter than stock.
I will not say that this exhaust stand alone give the slingshot more power but I will not say it does not. I will tell you that the rpms to me seem to rise quicker, and the engine feels like it breathes better.
My drive up and down my rual road, My personal test drive circle, gives me hills, curves, 25 mph zones and a short jot down the highway from exit to exit. I feel that this system gets the sling up to speed smoother and with a glorious sound coming from the right side.
Allow me to backtrack a bit to the install :
Installing the downpipe and the muffle was very easy. This is the part of the exhaust system contained within your slingshots hood. Now the exit pipe, this is the part that is not for the weak of heart.
I undid the bolts to the side panel and lined up the hole saw with the words on the inside of the panel per the enclosed directions and put the drill to the plastic.
I simply crossed my fingers took a deep breath and took the irreversible plunge. Hey you only live once charge in with arms waving and screaming nonsense. Once you have reached this point you can breath again, have a smoke, or just step back and go "What the heck did I just do to my 20k investment!
So now for the ONLY problem I had with the whole install. And I doubt It would have been so bad with an extra hand but my helper monkey off, so I was flying solo.
When you try to install the side pipe(exit pipe) to the muffler there is a odd clamp like I have never seen before, And this was he only PITA part of the whole install. That little #^%$&$^#* fought with me for 20 min. but when you do get the pipes together they join perfectly and holds tight as can be. Now all you then have to do is spin the side/exit pipe till you get a good spacing inside of your drilled hole. Tighten all your bolts and you are set to have fun.
Trust me you will love the sound of this exhaust. But let me say I only have experience with the stock pipe, an adjustable muffler (also an excellent Alpha product), and the current set-up. I have ride with and followed folks that have the new rear exit exhaust system as well.

TheRush
Till my next mod is reviewed
Product donations accepted and appreciated

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
Good review.

A little note that may help others install the tailpipe easier if you are by yourself.

Get a small cardboard box and/or a blanket that can be folded up. Put this on the floor and use one or both items to get the height to where it keeps the pipe up in place or wedges it against the fender to stabilize it. In this way you can free both hands and put the v-band clamp on. The nut and washer should be off the vband clamp so that you can get it around both pipes.

Once you do it once this way, it is easy to do it again. Coming from a guy that has three different tips currently and has done this alone at least 5 times.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Well I guess anybody that doesn't like A exhaust is Gloomy. It's a cheap over priced exhaust. I guess that makes it official.

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
Well I guess anybody that doesn't like A exhaust is Gloomy. It's a cheap over priced exhaust. I guess that makes it official.
It isn't what you say, it is how you say it. You just appear to be very gloomy about pretty much everything.

My now rested uncle would say.... "You'd bitch if you won the lottery! Taxes?!? What is this crap!?!"

We are going to start asking you to post 2 positive things for every negative if this keeps up. ;) ha

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The side exit must sound better than the adjustable. I thought the adjustable sounded like crap.
Well quick answer is YES.
You can work with the adjustable to make it work VERY well, met a gentleman at SSITS he put a insert into his variable and made the b mode sound like the a mode and the a mode was quieter than stock ..he was very pleased with his muffler ....I enjoyed it while i was in maggie valley but the b mode was a bit overly LOUD for my taste. There is a reason it is called B=Beast mode....But it is still an excellent product and just does what it does.
The side exit was just a better fit for the wife and I .....it is like they say not everyone is the same or likes the same thing....

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good review.

A little note that may help others install the tailpipe easier if you are by yourself.

Get a small cardboard box and/or a blanket that can be folded up. Put this on the floor and use one or both items to get the height to where it keeps the pipe up in place or wedges it against the fender to stabilize it. In this way you can free both hands and put the v-band clamp on. The nut and washer should be off the vband clamp so that you can get it around both pipes.

Once you do it once this way, it is easy to do it again. Coming from a guy that has three different tips currently and has done this alone at least 5 times.
I agree that is why it would have been easier with my daughter helping with that part (the helper monkey)

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Only disappointing:wtf: thing about the install is that it is the perfect set up for a spark plug flame thrower kit and the wife has vetoed:stop: that install:(

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Playing with the Alpha Side Exhaust
Sorry about the camera, was using my note 2 and the ram mount was not tight so I was getting that nice bounce, it is not that rough when you ride.

·
Registered
107 Posts
i took mine off
Well let me start with again commending the guys at this company for all their help, knowledge, and patience. These guys worked like beat circus monkeys at SSITS 2016 and if I had to put money on it, I would say I bet they will do the same next year.

Now for the review:
I have received and installed a Side Exit Exhaust for Alpha.
The exhaust was VERY well packaged and it is a beautiful product . It has been a while since I installed the exhaust but I was finally able to test drive the sling today.
First impression is that Alpha has nailed the perfect exhaust, loud when you want it to be and quiet when you cruise down the highway.
Upon start-up you are greeted with throaty and very impressive sound, and adding a bit of the stupid pedal was oh my goodness a wonderful roar of a sound. But when you get up to speed and are cruising along the exhaust calms right down and gets very mellow and to me almost quieter than stock.
I will not say that this exhaust stand alone give the slingshot more power but I will not say it does not. I will tell you that the rpms to me seem to rise quicker, and the engine feels like it breathes better.
My drive up and down my rual road, My personal test drive circle, gives me hills, curves, 25 mph zones and a short jot down the highway from exit to exit. I feel that this system gets the sling up to speed smoother and with a glorious sound coming from the right side.
Allow me to backtrack a bit to the install :
Installing the downpipe and the muffle was very easy. This is the part of the exhaust system contained within your slingshots hood. Now the exit pipe, this is the part that is not for the weak of heart.
I undid the bolts to the side panel and lined up the hole saw with the words on the inside of the panel per the enclosed directions and put the drill to the plastic.
I simply crossed my fingers took a deep breath and took the irreversible plunge. Hey you only live once charge in with arms waving and screaming nonsense. Once you have reached this point you can breath again, have a smoke, or just step back and go "What the heck did I just do to my 20k investment!
So now for the ONLY problem I had with the whole install. And I doubt It would have been so bad with an extra hand but my helper monkey off, so I was flying solo.
When you try to install the side pipe(exit pipe) to the muffler there is a odd clamp like I have never seen before, And this was he only PITA part of the whole install. That little #^%$&$^#* fought with me for 20 min. but when you do get the pipes together they join perfectly and holds tight as can be. Now all you then have to do is spin the side/exit pipe till you get a good spacing inside of your drilled hole. Tighten all your bolts and you are set to have fun.
Trust me you will love the sound of this exhaust. But let me say I only have experience with the stock pipe, an adjustable muffler (also an excellent Alpha product), and the current set-up. I have ride with and followed folks that have the new rear exit exhaust system as well.

TheRush
Till my next mod is reviewed
Product donations accepted and appreciated
took mine off because my wife did not like the noise and the smell of it the only thing is when i took it off the was every time i step on the brakes and the cruise control is on it kicks off. is there any fix for this

1 - 15 of 15 Posts