Polaris Slingshot Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are you using to keep your side bars from getting scratched when you get in and out of your Slingshot? I'm getting old, can't bend the leg as much, and I know it's just a matter of time till I scratch the bar. Thanks Todd

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
What are you using to keep your side bars from getting scratched when you get in and out of your Slingshot? I'm getting old, can't bend the leg as much, and I know it's just a matter of time till I scratch the bar. Thanks Todd
Pipe insulation --- dark gray/black. not much in cost and already slit for easy of install.

·
Registered
28 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Pipe insulation is what I first looked at. I didn't like the adhesive part of it, though. I used swimming pool noodles split in two lengthwise down the center. After cutting them to length, I just zip tied them to the bars. They conform nicely to the curves of the bars, and come in many colors. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
Pipe insulation is what I first looked at. I didn't like the adhesive part of it, though. I used swimming pool noodles split in two lengthwise down the center. After cutting them to length, I just zip tied them to the bars. They conform nicely to the curves of the bars, and come in many colors. I hope this hel

Attachments

·
Registered
167 Posts
If you do have a roof on your SS you can get out by just stand up behind the wheel and stepping out. When you get in just stand up behind the wheel and slide down.

It works for me and I’m almost 75.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Slingmod has a leather wrapping that velcros around both sides that protects and looks good that I have on my slingshot.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts