Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
We are less optimistic for Slingshot and feel that should pending product updates not bear fruit over the next 2-3 years, Slingshot will likely be discontinued.

·
Registered
4,841 Posts
Polaris is npt exactly known for supporting products that are at least popular, based on the decision to shutdown Victory Motorcycles.

·
Registered
4,841 Posts
I think I've seen at least one or two commercials over the years, but I still get questions about my Slingshot, so it would definitely seem Polaris should do something to increase awareness of the Slingshot.
Dropping the S model seems like a poor marketing decision since a I think a lot of people might jump on the automatic version at a little over the Base model's cost.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Polaris is npt exactly known for supporting products that are at least popular, based on the decision to shutdown Victory Motorcycles.
Maybe that's the solution. Rebrand it as an Indian Slingshot, but definitely not a Harley Slingshot.😅

·
Registered
125 Posts
The Slingshot has been out for about 5 years and most people do not know what they are. The only folks who seem to know about them either have snowmobiles or Razors because they see them in the Polaris dealer when they’re shopping for other things.

A couple of years ago Polaris took 4 Slingshots along with four drivers to Sturgis to give people rides. Why not just let the people drive them. Harley takes 3 or 4 semis full of motorcycles for people to test ride. Who has more motorcycles on the rode?

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I posted this a while ago, maybe years by now, and I still stand by it. If they want to sell more Slings they need to add a wheel or remove a wheel.

In the 100 year history of 3 wheelers they have never caught on. Its not as exciting as a riding motorcycle or all-weather and safe as driving an auto. At first I thought the Sling had a chance, no more. But thats OK, we have ours. Lets Enjoy:)

I do have one issue with what they said in the article. They said one of the Slingshot pluses is that it's a great attention getter. That's not a plus for me. Just once I'd like to spend more time in a store than in the parking lot answering Slingshot questions and letting people sit in my Sling so they can take a picture.:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts