Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
Yeah you just have to wait for a sale on ddm slingmods has JRI Grand Touring shocks on sale for 919.20 my dad has them on his loves them. If you want a softer ride that is.
OK, I admit that I must see things differently than most folks, especially where it comes to sales. For example, I find an appealing product but I believe that the vendor is asking way too much money and decline to purchase it. Then that product goes on sale, 30%, 50%, 75% off the original price. Now I know that the vendor is still making a profit at even these prices and If the product had been originally offered at these prices, I prolly would have purchased it already. Ultimately it just irks me that the vendor chose to be initially greedy so even if the product goes on sale, I will still wait for another vendor to offer the product reasonably, or pick one up from somebody second hand. But, the main thing is, the original vendor fails to get any money out of me at all.

Bill

·
Registered
816 Posts
Then that product goes on sale, 30%, 50%, 75% off the original price.
I see how one might see it that way, it's an easy read.

But perhaps, the original price from the vendor had a justified profit margin. Then he realizes nobody is going to spend that much money for it, but he's taken all the money out of the cookie jar to produce it.
Now he wants to put at least some of the money back, often referred to as "Cutting Losses". So he drops the price to entice someone who is on the fence of spending "That much" money.

Just another view from someone in manufacturing.
:cool:

21 - 22 of 22 Posts