Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody running this type of shock on your Polaris Slingshot
TRUHART PERFORMANCE FULLY ADJUSTABLE COILOVERS SUSPENSION POLARIS SLINGSHOT they're not adjustable for different ride stiffness just up and down adjustment they have them on eBay for $585 I'm not a hot rodder just looking for anything better than the useless OEM shocks unfortunately I ain't rich so seems like a pretty good deal if they offer a little better ride and keep the back tire on the ground when going over a bump thanks for any responses

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Go to eBay enter Truehart performance shocks for Polaris Slingshot that should get you there I think? Or slingmods has them for $612

·
Registered
377 Posts
Slingmods sells these Truhart Shocks. I asked them about them and they said they would be just about the same as stock set up - a little harsh. He recommended the JRIs instead (which just so happen to be on sale!!!).

·
Registered
377 Posts
But still over $300 more?

Bill
Well, not quite $300 when they are on sale. Slingmods has the Truharts for $612 (vs $720 regular) and the JRI for $799 right now (vs $999 regular). These are only the single adjustable (height) shocks. Truhart doesn't offer rebound/compression adjustments. But yes, sometimes you get what you paid for.

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
Well, not quite $300 when they are on sale. These are only the single adjustable (height) shocks. Truhart doesn't offer rebound/compression adjustments. But yes, sometimes you get what you paid for.
That would depend on one's point of view, would it not? Where there are some folks who would be perfectly content with having the choice of just a simple, easy riding, basic shock without having to pay for any unwanted extra bells and whistles. :p

Bill

·
Registered
377 Posts
I just quote what Slingmods said:
The sport shocks are really good but will still provide an overall
"stiff" ride as they are intended for sport type driving. Overall good
shocks we recommend for more comfort ride would be the JRI Grand Touring
Shocks or the JRI Sport shocks! Please let us know if you have any
further questions or concerns.

·
ALPHA - Home of the V8 Slingshot
3,161 Posts
I use JRI on both of mine.

You can pay too much and get something, or you can pay too little and get nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
You can pay too much and get something, or you can pay too little and get nothing.
I simply do not understand this mentality, where a person will stand up on a pulpit and defend to the death that it is perfectly acceptable, even desirable, to pay "too much" for a product, actively attacking the character of a person who believes that they should have a choice to pay for only what they want at a fair price? :confused:

Bill

·
Registered
49 Posts
The point is the slingshot market is small. So not many manufacturers are making shocks that fit and they charge more than it's worth because they don't sell that many. So unfortunately you have to pay to play.

·
3,161 Posts
I simply do not understand this mentality, where a person will stand up on a pulpit and defend to the death that it is perfectly acceptable, even desirable, to pay "too much" for a product, actively attacking the character of a person who believes that they should have a choice to pay for only what they want at a fair price? :confused:

Bill
I wasn't attacking anyone's character, I don't play that game. I am not defending or saying its desirable to pay more. Since you do not understand, I will leave it at that. Its a saying , like the cheap can be expensive.
Everyone has to evaluate what they think something is worth to them. If I am purchasing shocks to get the smoothest ride I can and they cost $100 but I decide to get the $50 set because they cost less and they don't ride much better than what a take off, to me that's a waste of good money.

·
Registered
903 Posts
This thread went sideways................
From what I'm reading, @ddog probably should not go the Truhart route. He's looking for a better ride, and the description by Slingmods and others is that they are not better than stock.

Keep your eye out on the Forums @ddog. Sometimes folks sell good shocks for a great price a little used, when they advance to an air ride suspension.

·
Registered
234 Posts
This thread went sideways................
From what I'm reading, @ddog probably should not go the Truhart route. He's looking for a better ride, and the description by Slingmods and others is that they are not better than stock.

Keep your eye out on the Forums @ddog. Sometimes folks sell good shocks for a great price a little used, when they advance to an air ride suspension.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I had JRI's sports (non adjustable) and didn't like them, went with DDM fully adjustable (double clickers) best shock for the money ($799 on sale) DDM does their homework before they'll put their name on a product and technical service is awesome.

·
3,161 Posts
$800 for a set of adjustable is great price and I will have to take your word that your experience was better with them. I would think anytime you have adjustability over non it should be diffferent. I haven’t tried them nor have I tried the JRI non adjustable. I do know the JRI adjustable is amazing on a sling allowing for cornering or Cadillac.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
377 Posts
...DDM fully adjustable (double clickers) best shock for the money ($799 on sale) ....
Let me know where I can find that sale. I searched DDM, SlingMods, Slingshot Only, and All Things Sling Shot but everyone is at $999 +$100 for the red springs.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Let me know where I can find that sale. I searched DDM, SlingMods, Slingshot Only, and All Things Sling Shot but everyone is at $999 +$100 for the red springs.
Yeah you just have to wait for a sale on ddm slingmods has JRI Grand Touring shocks on sale for 919.20 my dad has them on his loves them. If you want a softer ride that is.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts