Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, all! I'm purchasing a Slingshot for my husband's birthday this month. The one that I've decided on is 1k miles away. I put a listing on Uship for it...I'm wondering are there any other options? Since I'm buying from out of state I need shipping lined up ahead of purchase because I have 3 days to get it here and register it. Complicated - but I have my heart set on this one and would like to figure this out before it gets bought.

·
Registered
4,840 Posts
Depending on where you are and where the new-to-you Slingshot is, you might find a Forum member to drive or trailer your new Slingshot to you for the cost of gas and an overnight hotel stay and a good meal.
Looking at your pic I doubt you're retired like a lot of us are, but are you able to rent a truck/trailer and get it yourself? Last year, my Wife and I drove up to Canada from outside Houston, TX to pick up my new tow dolly from AllThingsSlingshot and made it a mini-vacation.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Now that's a road trip! Unfortunately since the Slingshot is a surprise I won't be able to get it myself. I've reach out to a few auto transporting companies, but they all want $1000. Maybe something more reasonable will come up on Uship. I was hoping to pay closer to $500.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Now that's a road trip! Unfortunately since the Slingshot is a surprise I won't be able to get it myself. I've reach out to a few auto transporting companies, but they all want $1000. Maybe something more reasonable will come up on Uship. I was hoping to pay closer to $500.

·
Registered
4,840 Posts
Check the appropriate Forum regional section for where you live and where the Slingshot is located and you may find someone willing to drive it or trailer it for that price.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I live in Northern California and bought my Sling from a gigantic dealership in New Hampshire. Shipping was exactly $1K. So depending on distances, that might be a fair price.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I live in Northern California and bought my Sling from a gigantic dealership in New Hampshire. Shipping was exactly $1K. So depending on distances, that might be a fair price.
I just need it to go from Texas to Georgia.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts