Polaris Slingshot Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELP!!! 2nd time having issues shifting into gear. SURDYKE Dealership said the clutch needed bleeding. They did that work returned it charged me $57.00 and exactly 1 week later same issue. I have just hit the 6,000 mile mark on odometer (NEVER HAD AN ISSUE BEFORE). Called MGR and he says it sounds like it needs a Master Slave Cylinder added ( IT DIDNT COME WITH ONE????) Now he claims it should be covered under warranty. IM SO LOST ON THIS ONE. Please help guys and gals if you know anything.

Thanks

·
2,333 Posts
FYI you cannot bleed the clutch in the Slingshot without separating the transmission from the engine .. the bleed valve is on the clutch slave cylinder (yes you already have one, without it the clutch does not function) and not accessible once installed.... however that is only needed when first installed, unlike brakes the system self evacuates air and circulates fluid from the reservoir every time the clutch is used .... all you can do is make sure the reservoir is full and pump the pedal .....

So I would ask them to tell you exactly what they did .... bet they just sucked the old fluid out of the reservoir and refilled it ... if that .....

Make sure your clutch fluid reservoir is full ... if not you may have a fluid leak ...

What gear are you having trouble with, does it do it hot, cold, all the time, sometimes .. does it go in to gear with a double pump of the pedal... lots of variables ....lots of possible causes ...

To change the clutch slave cylinder requires pulling the motor so they need to eliminate all possible causes before going down that road... could be the clutch master cylinder which is a much easier fix ...

.... Do you have another dealer you can have look at it ....

..... :bag:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
FYI you cannot bleed the clutch in the Slingshot without separating the transmission from the engine .. the bleed valve is on the clutch slave cylinder (yes you already have one, without it the clutch does not function) and not accessible once installed.... however that is only needed when first installed, unlike brakes the system self evacuates air and circulates fluid from the reservoir every time the clutch is used .... all you can do is make sure the reservoir is full and pump the pedal .....

So I would ask them to tell you exactly what they did .... bet they just sucked the old fluid out of the reservoir and refilled it ... if that .....

Make sure your clutch fluid reservoir is full ... if not you may have a fluid leak ...

What gear are you having trouble with, does it do it hot, cold, all the time, sometimes .. does it go in to gear with a double pump of the pedal... lots of variables ....lots of possible causes ...

To change the clutch slave cylinder requires pulling the motor so they need to eliminate all possible causes before going down that road... could be the clutch master cylinder which is a much easier fix ...

.... Do you have another dealer you can have look at it ....

..... :bag:

The first time I had the problem it wouldn’t go into gears 1-5 without force and reverse was not an option at all. This time gears 1-4.... again also with force. (never made it to gear 5). I have only had the issue after driving for a while so everything is heated up.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Try pulling up clutch petal with ur foot. Weird but helped me a few times. It’s like it stays about 20% pressed in sometimes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
You right I had problems today getting into gear the the pedal was not all the way up and my fluid was low. Love the sling but too many problems .

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Love the sling but too many problems .
How long have you owned your SlingShot? What year is it? What types of issues are you having with it?

We have owned our 2015 since new, 30,000 miles plus currently, and the only issues we have experienced have been recalls and one SB.

Bill

1 - 7 of 7 Posts