Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I noticed the shift knob had become loose, and found the 5mm hex screw backed out (while driving). I twisted it back in by wrapping my fingers around the knob and spinning it so the screw wouldn't fall out and possibly slip through the boot and be lost forever.

When returning home I discovered this must be a chassis lube point, because it appeared to be heavily coated in lube. Maybe they can put a Zerk fitting on it. I cleaned the screw and the threaded hole in the shift post with denatured alcohol, put some medium thread-lock on the screw after putting everything back together, and tightened it up.

·
Thank You All, You Know Who You Are!
3,685 Posts
Good catch. I really like the photo. Haven't seen a disassembled one before. And you laid it all out, even putting a q-tip in the screw hole. Thank you:)

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
I noticed the shift knob had become loose, and found the 5mm hex screw backed out (while driving). I twisted it back in by wrapping my fingers around the knob and spinning it so the screw wouldn't fall out and possibly slip through the boot and be lost forever.

When returning home I discovered this must be a chassis lube point, because it appeared to be heavily coated in lube. Maybe they can put a Zerk fitting on it. I cleaned the screw and the shift post with denatured alcohol, put some medium thread-lock on the screw after putting everything back together, and tightened it up.

Similar issue with mine. I noticed the knob had some play and the screw was loose. Retorqued the screw and all has been fine since. Great pics to help the others who haven't had the issue yet.

·
Registered
362 Posts
This is my second aftermarket shift knob. I liked my first one, but saw this one on the slingmods.com site when Keith was marketing the Alpha shift adapter and thought it looked cool. What do you guys think? I have only had it on a few days but I really like it.

Attachments

·
Registered
222 Posts
It is not moving.. and I mean not moving at all, i think my torx bit is stripping the inside of the screw. Any advice? lefty loosey right?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts