Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Several people who have put down deposits in my area have ask for their deposit back after seeing the Slingshot up close. Most are very disappointed in how cheap it is made and that the fit and finish looks like something that would come out of Korea. I think that is why some dealers are advertising that they have them available.

·
Registered
619 Posts
The truth is the Koreans have really upped their game. Unbelievable QC improvement in just a few years.
They have come a long way.

·
Vendor
5,411 Posts
The one I saw had some of the typical QC issues. Bad paint, misaligned panels, loose spots on the seat material......If you're talking about Korean motorcycles (Hyosung,) I can kind of see the correlation. The Koreans have vastly improved their game in the car market. Anyway, I believe, once we look beyond the initial QC issues and the first production run bugs are ironed out, we'll have a pretty decent quality product for 20K (or 24K if you like the slow stuff.) I felt it looked built more cheaply in the pics and videos than it did in person. I'm not pulling my deposit just yet.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
I'm really amazed to hear that there are so many issues with the fit-finish that people are talking about. I must have gotten lucky with my SL, as it only had one little issue. (And due to the accident that will be handled!)

·
Registered
5,295 Posts
Several people who have put down deposits in my area have ask for their deposit back after seeing the Slingshot up close. Most are very disappointed in how cheap it is made and that the fit and finish looks like something that would come out of Korea. I think that is why some dealers are advertising that they have them available.
I find it odd that someone who has been on this forum for 4 1/2 months and only has 6 messages before this one has the first hand knowledge of "several people in his area" who liked the idea so much they put down money, now changed their minds and asked for refunds. Damn, I should have asked him for the winning powerball number for Wednesday's game before calling him out I guess.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I find it odd that someone who has been on this forum for 4 1/2 months and only has 6 messages before this one has the first hand knowledge of "several people in his area" who liked the idea so much they put down money, now changed their minds and asked for refunds. Damn, I should have asked him for the winning powerball number for Wednesday's game before calling him out I guess.
Sorry if I struck a nerve with you, but my information came from an employee at one of the local dealerships. And what does my amount of post have anything to do with it?
I have nothing to gain or loose by passing along information.
And here are your powerball numbers.
16,22,25,41,32,---16.

·
Registered
5,295 Posts
Sorry if I struck a nerve with you, but my information came from an employee at one of the local dealerships. And what does my amount of post have anything to do with it?
16,22,25,41,32,---16.
I'll have to cut you in for a share of the winnings Thursday morning. Maybe buy you a slower grey s/s

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Who is the local dealer? It could be easily verified!!!

·
Registered
236 Posts
I have to say I can see why they feel that way. But keep in mind it is a $20K toy. If it was $80K than ya i can see wanting a higher standard.

My SL steering wheel feels like i can break it off getting in and out and it squeaks like crazy. And the just opening and shutting of the hood it kinda cheap feeling to me. But this is a cheap priced toy.

·
Registered
891 Posts
I have to say I can see why they feel that way. But keep in mind it is a $20K toy. If it was $80K than ya i can see wanting a higher standard.

My SL steering wheel feels like i can break it off getting in and out and it squeaks like crazy. And the just opening and shutting of the hood it kinda cheap feeling to me. But this is a cheap priced toy.
You absolutely right.
If everything would be perfect we would pay 70k

·
Registered
210 Posts
the price point is not an excuse for the issues it has and I don't know why people keep using it to defend its problems. When you buy a motorcycle, atv, snowmobile, car, etc from a big name manufacturer you expect it to be sorted properly and if its not you should be justly upset, even if its "cheap."

How many bikes can you buy brand new for less and not expect things like leaking fluids and stalling engines right out the door from a large nationally made product? I imagine the vast majority if not all.

·
Registered
5,295 Posts
16,22,25,41,32,---16.
Sorry Dean, you only got one right. The numbers were: 22,31,38,47,48 and pb was 15 :vomit:.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts