Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,907 Posts
That's a great point @worewren. Try getting Victory parts--Not In Stock. When will they be? Six months. From tomorrow.

It wouldn't be so bad if the parts were off-the-shelf instead of odd Made In China items that don't last. If something breaks, stock five, you'll need them...yes, I know they're overpriced. If you don't like it, the other option is to sell the bike/Slingshot/other Polaris vehicle.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
That's a great point @worewren. Try getting Victory parts--Not In Stock. When will they be? Six months. From tomorrow.

It wouldn't be so bad if the parts were off-the-shelf instead of odd Made In China items that don't last. If something breaks, stock five, you'll need them...yes, I know they're overpriced. Sell the bike/Slingshot/other if you don't like it--Polaris.
Such a warm supportive comment from Polaris seriously considering getting rid of the slingshot although it is my favorite but no future

·
Super Moderator
2,907 Posts
I should have toned down my frustration, they didn't actually say to sell the Slingshot.

I was looking at a beautiful Victory motorcycle-simply gorgeous-and on huge discount. It was Fall, but I knew something was wrong by the excessively low price, and shortly thereafter Polaris bought Indian and shut down Victory. Now, they didn't have to discontinue making these bikes-since they'd be making other motorcycles-and they could have married the technologies. No, that's not what happened, the parts supply chain dried up. Polaris dumped its customer base.

It took a few more Slingshot warranty denials for me to get a serious distaste for Polaris, egged on by not only having to buy parts that should have been warrantied--but also a 3-month back-order. While I still love the Slingshot and the concept, I don't like the manufacturer, and that's across all of it's products. I've worked on Slingshots, ATVs, side-by-sides, snowmobiles, and personal watercraft, and they're all cheaply built with colorful plastic panels. It's all about the looks.

I do love driving Slingshots, no doubt, and the owners are great people I love to socialize and work with. The attention they get and people you meet while driving are a lot of fun, and I do like the open-air concept.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I should have toned down my frustration, they didn't actually say to sell the Slingshot.

I was looking at a beautiful Victory motorcycle-simply gorgeous-and on huge discount. It was Fall, but I knew something was wrong by the excessively low price, and shortly thereafter Polaris bought Indian and shut down Victory. Now, they didn't have to discontinue making these bikes-since they'd be making other motorcycles-and they could have married the technologies. No, that's not what happened, the parts supply chain dried up. Polaris dumped its customer base.

It took a few more Slingshot warranty denials for me to get a serious distaste for Polaris, egged on by not only having to buy parts that should have been warranted--but also a 3-month back-order. While I still love the Slingshot and the concept, I don't like the manufacturer, and that's across all of it's products. I've worked on Slingshots, ATVs, side-by-sides, snowmobiles, and personal watercraft, and they're all cheaply built with colorful plastic panels. It's all about the looks.

I do love driving Slingshots, no doubt, and the owners are great people I love to socialize and work with. The attention they get and people you meet while driving are a lot of fun, and I do like the open-air concept.
Agree on all points

·
Registered
132 Posts
When I bought my 2016 SS SL, I was the second owner but warranty was transferred to my name. Only problem was-
it had already been in service for a year so I only got 1 year of warranty service. A dealer did advise I could buy extended warranty (3 years I think) but would only get 1 additional warranty year added to the original 2 year warranty which had one year already expired. I declined their $1,900.00 offer. I have to say that my SS SL is going strong and gets all kinds of looks and questions. Sorry you have distaste fro Polaris. That is your right and I can see your frustration. You do have alternatives which I am sure you are smart enough to figure them out. Best of luck. Keep riding

21 - 25 of 25 Posts