Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a rattle when I start up from a stop in the transmission area underneath and it does not sound good.
So I stop by the dealership that I bought two from and they tell they no longer will service or support them?

Help!

·
Registered
5,127 Posts
Hate to be blunt, but you'll need to find a new dealer/repair shop. The dealer I bought from also stopped carrying the Slingshot.Beyond complaining to Polaris, I doubt there's much you can really do.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I think I would attempt to return it for a refund. I hope you have a signed contract like I do for them to repair/service your Sling.

·
Premium Member
2020 R SlingShot
83 Posts
That is strange that your dealers are dropping SS. I had to shop around through three dealers in the greater Atlanta area to find mine. All of them said that they could not keep a Slingshot on the floor! We finally pre-ordered a 2020 R from north Atlanta Indian and picked it up the day after it arrived.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
We're moving back to Montana in a couple of years in which a ride to our nearest dealer will be over 400 miles. In comparision here in SW Oregon it is now a 200 mile jaunt due to Polaris forcing dealers out of the SlingShot business. We're debating if we really want to keep our SlingShot.....................
Bill

·
Premium Member
2020 R SlingShot
83 Posts
I would guess that depends on the dealer. There may be some form of a legal remedy.
I know there are laws about product liability where a manufacturer is required to provide support for a product they have sold. I.e. Ford must support all the cars it made for 10 years.

But I am not a lawyer.
Fortunately for me, my dealer said that it is Slingshots that are keeping them afloat. They are selling like hotcakes and there is a 6 week wait list for service that is not an emergency.

·
Registered
122 Posts
My closest three dealers are 50 miles and 70 miles (2). Past that range, I would just dump the sling, buy a Miata and ride around in the heat and rain with no AC and the top down! The main problem would be how to cope with the loss of storage space. 🧳

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well isn’t this special the Slingshot Owners Group SOG is having an event in Bentonville Arkansas in September Maybe someone should tell them the Polaris Dealership here no longer carries them or supports them!!!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Well isn’t this special the Slingshot Owners Group SOG is having an event in Bentonville Arkansas in September Maybe someone should tell them the Polaris Dealership here no longer carries them or supports them!!!
Slingshots in the Ozarks Has been Cancelled for this fall
BUTT
(There is still good news coming) a couple of us have been contacted about doing something this fall so we decided to see if we could get enough slingshot people together. We would plan some rides in and around the Ozarks for anyone that wants to attend. (There will be No vendors and No installs at this event). It will be rides only and a lot of fun for everyone that want to attends. We are trying to make reservations for a set down meal that Friday night. The Dates for the event will be September the 18th and 19th 2020
We will be staying at the Comfort Inn Bentonville Ar. Here is the link for the motel https://www.choicehotels.com/reservations/groups/YS17K4 we have 25 rooms reserved at $79.00 a night for a king size bed. When you contact the Motel tell them that you are with the SOG event to get the rooms at the discount price. We have about 15 Slingshots coming so for. If anyone has any Questions about this event fell free to Call or Text ([email protected] 870- 404-2391 OR DARRELL @479-381-0114)

·
Premium Member
2020 R SlingShot
83 Posts
That really sucks about the dealerships.

I am hearing just the opposite around here. I am in North Ga. and our dealers said they can't keep a Slingshot on the floor. They sell within 5 days, if they weren't custom order in the first place.
The service wait time is a month to 6 weeks but that is due to high volume. I know Bentonville. If I remember correctly, there isn't much out there but rice fields and poultry farms. North west Arkansas has some beautiful mountains, as does Missouri.
Will talk to the wife. Maybe we can go.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I would guess that depends on the dealer. There may be some form of a legal remedy.
I know there are laws about product liability where a manufacturer is required to provide support for a product they have sold. I.e. Ford must support all the cars it made for 10 years.

But I am not a lawyer.
Fortunately for me, my dealer said that it is Slingshots that are keeping them afloat. They are selling like hotcakes and there is a 6 week wait list for service that is not an emergency.
Rider- Federal law requires auto makers to produce parts for 10 years for a discontinued auto but not service. Product liability is a different bag of worms.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Rider- Federal law requires auto makers to produce parts for 10 years for a discontinued auto but not service. Product liability is a different bag of worms.
Ahh but the key word is auto maker and that really doesn’t apply so are they supplying parts Buell and other cycles no longer in existence

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ahh but the key word is auto maker and that really doesn’t apply so are they supplying parts Buell and Victory and other cycles no longer in existence . Guess when they dropped Victory it should have been a clue to customer loyalty and support

1 - 20 of 25 Posts