·
I have moved on!
2,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
test_3_BB.jpg

SLINGSHOT BOOZE & BLUES RALLY
Host Town: Clarksville, VA
Dates: Sept 22-25, 2016

Sponsors: Cycle Springs, Airbrush Art Workshop, Brewer Cycles, Metricks, United Country Realty, Clarksville Economic Development Association (CEDA), Magnuson Hotel, Big Buggs Island Blues Bash

This event was conceived and organized by Slingshot owners and is staffed entirely by Volunteers

Announcing the First Annual Slingshot Booze & Blues Rally in the beautiful Virginia Lakes Region. If you are the proud owner of a Slingshot, you’ll have an unforgettable time hanging out with other Slingshot owners, making some great new friends and showing off your pride and joy. We’re planning a number of rides and gatherings– join them all or choose what you like to do. Here’s the agenda so far; we’ll continue to refine and tweak until we’re confident we can give you the best possible exciting and entertaining experience.

On Thursday, Slingshots will be welcomed with an exclusive “Meet & Greet” event at the Magnuson Hotel.

On Friday, action revs up with an event hosted by Brewer Cycles in Henderson, NC. Enjoy lunch with a Polaris factory representative in their huge showroom. After lunch, we’ll head out for an afternoon of riding through the scenic lake area, which will end at the nostalgic Raleigh Road Outdoor Drive-in Theatre, where a movie will be especially chosen for us.

Saturday morning, get ready for a very unique experience – a Moonshine Run, with a stop for a taste and tour at the Bondurant Distillery. Collect a symbolic Moonshine Jug to carry as we run through the back country roads of VA and NC like the early bootleggers did. If you’re familiar with the history of the Bondurant family from the movie “Lawless,” come learn the truth from surviving family members.

The Moonshine Run ends at the Big Buggs Island Blues Bash. Show off your ride at the ‘Slingshot Show and Shine’ at the Blues Bash entrance. Enjoy the music of some of the best Blues Bands in the Country. As a bonus, the Blues Bash promoters are providing 50% discounted tickets and VIP Seating for Slingshot owners pre-registered for this event.

Sunday morning join us for a Breakfast Bash sponsored by United Realty in the Vendor Exhibit Area, which will bring another opportunity to show off your Slingshot. Sunday afternoon will be the second, and final, day of the Big Buggs Island Blues Bash for our Blues Lovers.

There’s plenty more to do as the local area offers something for everyone. Clarksville is on a 50,000-acre lake that straddles VA and NC with world record fishing. Boat rentals are available. For auto racing enthusiasts, several racetracks are just down the road. Local wineries offer tours and tastings. History buffs will find deep ties here to the Civil War and the beginnings of our Nation. Walkers will enjoy miles of trails at Occoneechee State Park and the Tobacco Heritage Trail. Farmers’ Markets offer organic food and crafts, and there’s shopping and great restaurants nearby too.

For hotel reservations, call the Magnuson Hotel in Clarksville – 434-374-5023 and mention this event for a discounted rate.

Late September brings perfect riding weather to Virginia but, even if it rains, you’ll have a great time meeting and hanging out with other Slingshot owners at the Slingshot Booze & Blues Rally. Come see for yourself! For further information, please PM @Macaws. or email Mitch at [email protected]

·
You could've had a V8
2,360 Posts
Sounds like a great time. Will there be available parking for trailers? If so, count me in!

·
Registered
164 Posts
I hate to be negative but for those of you that carry and do not live in VA, keep in mind that beginning on 1 Feb., they will not recognize out of state CCDW permits. I don't want to see anyone get in trouble. The governor has changed the rules. It appears that he does not want anyone from out of state to be able to protect themselves.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
I hate to be negative but for those of you that carry and do not live in VA, keep in mind that beginning on 1 Feb., they will not recognize out of state CCDW permits. I don't want to see anyone get in trouble. The governor has changed the rules. It appears that he does not want anyone from out of state to be able to protect themselves.
OOP's Now that might change things a little. Was thinking a possibility of leaving a week early for Lake George. I never leave home without CC.

·
I have moved on!
2,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Sounds like a great time. Will there be available parking for trailers? If so, count me in!
Yes sir - the hotel hosts lots of fishing tournaments they are very familiar with trailers and have parking available. If for some reason you have an excessively large trailer to fit all that V8 just PM me and I will find parking for you. Please make sure if you are planning to attend you RSVP!

Thanks

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Yes sir - the hotel hosts lost of fishing tournaments they are very familiar with trailers and have parking available. If for some reason you have an excessively large trailer to fit all that V8 just PM me and I will find parking for you. Please make sure if you are planning to attend you RSVP!

Thanks
You might need a corral to hold all them horses

·
I have moved on!
2,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am not 100% sure but I think open carry is still OK. If not I will promise to get as many local CCW to protect you!
We hosted the Hells Angels annual conference this summer without issue. I wouldn't anticipate any trouble but I understand your concerns.

·
The Pack
5,165 Posts
@Cameron Roberts - could you provide some info on Virginia CC and OC for the benefit of others?
Sure. Cc allowed for all permit holders. Unfortunately our liberal governor dropped reciprocity for many states. You'll have to look online to see if you're still a reciprocity permit holder. Oc allowed for all Americans. No drinking while cc. Drinking allowed for oc as longn as you're under .08.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Sure. Cc allowed for all permit holders. Unfortunately our liberal governor dropped reciprocity for many states. You'll have to look online to see if you're still a reciprocity permit holder. Oc allowed for all Americans. No drinking while cc. Drinking allowed for oc as longn as you're under .08.
The only thing I could find was Virginia still recognises some states and South Carolina.

·
I have moved on!
2,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I hope you guys don't hold this against the event - none of us voted for him.

·
Slingshot Aficionado
1,486 Posts
I am not 100% sure but I think open carry is still OK. If not I will promise to get as many local CCW to protect you!
We hosted the Hells Angels annual conference this summer without issue. I wouldn't anticipate any trouble but I understand your concerns.
I fall in the category of a local CCW and I'm 100% willing to pop a cap in someone's ass in the defense of fellow Sling owners! ;) One of the other individuals (in this thread, he knows who he is, ;)) can also have sniper coverage put in place!! :D:D

·
I have moved on!
2,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I fall in the category of a local CCW and I'm 100% willing to pop a cap in someone's ass in the defense of fellow Sling owners! ;) One of the other individuals (in this thread, he knows who he is, ;)) can also have sniper coverage put in place!! :D:D
I guess that means your coming since you will be supplying cover fire!

·
Slingshot Aficionado
1,486 Posts
1 - 20 of 376 Posts