Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So last month I mentioned Full Throttle Motorsports would be playing host to the production model Slingshot that is on display at Snowmobiles USA in Novi, MI.

Got some updates from the Polaris rep this morning, I literally just got done talking with him.

We're working the Snowmobile USA Detroit show (Nov.7-9) and he asked if I wanted to stand with the Slingshot that day if they can arrange to get one in (YES, OF COURSE!). But, I asked won't they be in dealerships by then? He said, yes, "they should be shipping now."
Okay, so the SS isn't in dealerships this week like I thought. But, the consolation is seeing it and touching it, if you are able to this weekend.

I'll personally be there Friday evening, all the way till Sunday. The Polaris booth is #422 located at the far right entrance to Hall C.

If you have pictures you want taken with my HQ camera, or if you want me to push all the buttons you weren't allowed to, I'll do my best to satiate your needs. ;)

More information is at: http://www.snowmobileusa.com/#novi

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Kip. ANY real information would be refreshing. We all seem to be lost in "what ifs," and "%^&* s" lately.
I'm not sure who else is working the Polaris booth that weekend, but if I think they have more knowledge than they're letting on, I'll pester them until they're sick of me.

Reactions: DKF Texas

·
You could've had a V8
2,360 Posts
Thanks Kip! Hopefully units will be delivered before you get to talk to them. (I am trying to keep a straight face)

·
Vendor
118 Posts
Booth number 422 right across from Ball equipment booth # 421! Im getting pretty excited to finally see one of these in person!

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool Bryan, see you there.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That really is sad, along with so many other sling shot related things, that there are still dealership folks that haven't seen these yet. I guess I should feel lucky
Keep in mind, just about every dealer that attended the show in July saw the SS then, what's sad is that there are still dealers that haven't seen it SINCE then!

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Play with the radio.
Rearview camera test.
Put it full-blast, want to hear it.
On film is possible....thank you and advance.

Oh One more thing,
Turn on the engine and drive it like you stole it :)

·
Registered
192 Posts
I need to see and sit in one, so I will be driving to Novi. Gotta make sure it was not a figment of my imagination.
Also get to put faces to the names I see on the Forum.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
As always, leave any questions you have for the Polaris team here. I'm not sure if there'll be all snow guys sent from the HQ, or what, but I'll be happy to ask any questions you may have.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
As always, leave any questions you have for the Polaris team here. I'm not sure if there'll be all snow guys sent from the HQ, or what, but I'll be happy to ask any questions you may have.
If the representatives are from the snow team! Ask them "how does the slingshot drives in the snow?" Considering it has traction control o_O;)

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Ask them if we get a 1000 dollar discount for being lied to by polaris representatives. I can prove they have. Actually lied to twice.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Back from a dreamy evening with my baby, the traveling Michigan SL model SS. Looks like I got a lot of sledheads at the Polaris booth at this show, so once again, I'm the man with all the SS knowledge at the booth. ;)

I can't tell you how many times I turned around to say "2.4L Ecotec" to someone new. @[email protected]

Just being near the SS... I'm loving it!!
Day 2 is tomorrow. Come see me! :D
More pics and measurements to come.

PS: Hood is jammed closed. Sorry. ):

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
PPS: If my typing is a little funky, I'm having a post-show beer.
...Or two. :)

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Top 5 questions asked by attendees of Snowmobile USA:

5. 2015 model, so, November... next year, right?
4. Is this made by CanAm? (Mind you, I'm standing AT THE POLARIS BOOTH!)
3. How is this so different than my truck?
2. When can I get it in Arctic Cat green?
1. So can you go on the trails with this? OR How can I put a track kit and skis on this and go sledding with it?

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Nice! Thanks for posting those Kip. :)
Yes! Another great day at the snow show. I even met @Brent! That was pretty cool. I'm hoping @Bird440 makes it out too, but he'll see his SS soon enough.

I got some pictures with a ruler of the head lamp housing with a measuring tape. I do have to say, I kind of treat the Michigan mule SS on display this weekend as my own child. I've spent five days with this particular vehicle so far between the weekend I had it during the Woodward Cruise and letting people come and play with it at the Snow Show, it is tough watching people jump in and out, touch her inappropriately, put their hands all over her paint.
Is there an emoticon for "slowly dies"? :dead:

But at any rate, I love spending time with the SS. It reaffirms why I love it so much, and I know that whenever the rest of the forum takes possession of THEIR SS, ya know, one you can actually DRIVE AROUND, you'll remember why you fell in love too. It's lightning in a bottle folks, and the cool thing is: soon it can be yours!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts