Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
doesn't sound like it comes with any theft system, hoping somebody has a nice keyless system to go with the push button start that the slingshot comes with

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
today, some people don't respect themselves, you think they will respect other peoples property? My SS will be part of my family, "kind of", and I will defend. If you get it, better hope cops get you before me. Rather be tried by 12 then carried by 6

·
Registered
128 Posts
There is a antitheft system standards for the Canadian models
I should of ordered mine from Canada. U guys get all the extra cool stuff . Rear fender , mirror , antitheft system .Now talk of Canada being sent 1st. I guess good guys like u , Mike , get the reward .

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
I should of ordered mine from Canada. U guys get all the extra cool stuff . Rear fender , mirror , antitheft system .Now talk of Canada being sent 1st. I guess good guys like u , Mike , get the reward .
thanks buddy that's so nice of you to say.
very sure it's all going to be sent at approximately the same time by Polaris.
don't know about the rear fender but nothing shows about that yet,

·
Registered
128 Posts
thanks buddy that's so nice of you to say.
very sure it's all going to be sent at approximately the same time by Polaris.
don't know about the rear fender but nothing shows about that yet,
Had to go outside. Sad to say , there was a motorcycle accident right behind my house . A fellow from Canada crashed coming around a corner and hit the curb . He was taken to the hospital . Looks like a broken wrist & other lnjuries.l hope the best for the guy.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Had to go outside. Sad to say , there was a motorcycle accident right behind my house . A fellow from Canada crashed coming around a corner and hit the curb . He was taken to the hospital . Looks like a broken wrist & other lnjuries.l hope the best for the guy.
Wow, MG Where did that happen? How do you know he's Canadian?

·
Registered
128 Posts
In this case . lt would of been better hitting it with a Slingshot.Would of done damage to the Sling , but not of the driver or passenger.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I'm in Florida . The fellow riding on another bike with him lives in my neighborhood. My neighbor , on his bike was stopping to turn into my subdivision , his friend was coming up behind him swerved to miss him , he hit the curb, flipping of the bike.His buddy was telling the cops it was a rented motorcycle & said he was from Quebec

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
The discussion about the Canadian model having or eventually having a security code also mentioned the possibility of a retrofit for the US model. Presumably it's just a software reprogram.

·
Registered
128 Posts
OK Polaris , Its 3:00 in the morning , nobody else on the forum , so tell me , can you give me the real scoop on why the Slingshots are being delayed.See , l
The discussion about the Canadian model having or eventually having a security code also mentioned the possibility of a retrofit for the US model. Presumably it's just a software reprogram.[/QUOTE

That would be very nice.

·
Registered
128 Posts
See l'm telling my wife , something is coming that l think your really going to like , and she's getting to think l probably bought something for my self.

·
Registered
128 Posts
So Polaris, l'm waiting up for your reply.Please don't make it too long, I've already lost enough sleep over waiting for my slingshot. I mean my wife's slingshot.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
today, some people don't respect themselves, you think they will respect other peoples property? My SS will be part of my family, "kind of", and I will defend. If you get it, better hope cops get you before me. Rather be tried by 12 then carried by 6
Well you WILL go to jail using deadly force to protect personal property.

Why does everyone get so caught up in security on these, do we just need more stuff to BS about?
It isnt any easier to steal this than any other convertible car on the market. Plus I hardly doubt Slingshot parts bring in a lot of money on the black market, so professional thieves will have zero interest in it.
AS far as Im concerned its State Farm's headache if it gets stolen. Outside of reasonable care, I dont concern myself at all with it getting stolen. Id rather they steal it than severely vandalize it because then even though State Farm will cover it, its my hassle getting it fixed, waiting on parts, hoping everything matches up just right, etc.....Just steal it and Ill go buy another one!
Again, thats State Farm's headache not mine.
Except for the one guy on here who doesnt believe in insurance, maybe he should buy that steering wheel lock thing. IDK

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
I'm in Florida . The fellow riding on another bike with him lives in my neighborhood. My neighbor , on his bike was stopping to turn into my subdivision , his friend was coming up behind him swerved to miss him , he hit the curb, flipping of the bike.His buddy was telling the cops it was a rented motorcycle & said he was from Quebec
Florida is a second Quebec across the border ............when his body was talking to the cops, did he mention that the guy from Quebec used the word "Tabarnak" when he fell off the bike?
Let's hope he is okay?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts