Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!

I am pretty excited to start this build thread and keep everyone updated with my current project, a 400+ hp top mounted turbo Slingshot. It is a 2015 Titanium Metallic base model. No reason to pay for all the extras when you're just going to rip it all out. lol Who needs a radio anyways when you can listen to the giant turbo spool? :p

Luckily I get to do what I love for a living and that is to help design different products and wheels while building some really dope vehicles in the process here in SoCal. :shamefullyembarrased: The goal is to make it to SEMA this year!!!

I am going to start from the beginning to make sure I include everything along the way so this post will just have a boring old stock photo of it fresh from Bert's Mega Mall...

Attachments

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
Would love to see the details on the motor build and the dyno sheets.

400 HP is a lot for this motor. You'd be in a very selective group of people if you are dynoing over 300hp.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Would love to see the details on the motor build and the dyno sheets.

400 HP is a lot for this motor. You'd be in a very selective group of people if you are dynoing over 300hp.
I'll be posting all the details in this build thread.

We street tuned it with Bob so no dyno sheet, all the numbers are on his computer at this point till we fine tune the turbo system for our company. Then we'll put it on the dyno. I'm gonna look for a good video and post it today. Bob did say it was the highest hp Slingshot he had seen till it boost spiked and the motor blew. :eek: That's a whole other story though lol

Where the hell do women like you come from and why are there so few of you out there?????
We're from Texas!!! Even though I live in Long Beach now I'll always be a Texas girl :)

Pins and needles for update. Should be exciting build.
I'll try to update every couple days :D

·
Vendor
5,412 Posts
I'll be posting all the details in this build thread.

We street tuned it with Bob so no dyno sheet, all the numbers are on his computer at this point till we fine tune the turbo system for our company. Then we'll put it on the dyno. I'm gonna look for a good video and post it today. Bob did say it was the highest hp Slingshot he had seen till it boost spiked and the motor blew. :eek: That's a whole other story though lol

We're from Texas!!! Even though I live in Long Beach now I'll always be a Texas girl :)

I'll try to update every couple days :D
I'm subscribed. :) Can't wait to see more pics. When you say "We're from Texas" are you talking about you and the puppy? :D

·
Super Moderator
2,889 Posts
..... Bob did say it was the highest hp Slingshot he had seen till it boost spiked and the motor blew. :eek: That's a whole other story though lol

Sounds like someone dint realize back-pressure can be a good thing... and maybe didn't tear it down fully before boosting? Guess we'll see....

Texas gals rock.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sounds like someone dint realize back-pressure can be a good thing... and maybe didn't tear it down fully before boosting? Guess we'll see....

Texas gals rock.
No, just a shop guy who didn't thoroughly go through what he needed to do. He did not check the waste gate springs, thought there was one 7 lb. spring. There was two :confused:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The first official purchase for the Slingshot was the front windshields. Then we drove it all the way to San Jose for Wekfest.

The Slingshot is Big Abe and model approved! :cool:

image.jpeg

1 - 14 of 14 Posts