Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My 1st cancellation was due to finding out weeks later that the dealer wanted to add $6,000. (Broward Motorsports in Florida)

On my second dealer, I was #6 on the list but he ASSURED he was getting 7 units so no problem for the 1st wave (Just a few days ago). I called him today after reading so many post here and then gave me a totally different answer. Only 3 units plus a demo.

Not a fun experience, I hope Polairs is reading these forums.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
My 1st cancellation was due to finding out weeks later that the dealer wanted to add $6,000. (Broward Motorsports in Florida)

On my second dealer, I was #6 on the list but he ASSURED he was getting 7 units so no problem for the 1st wave (Just a few days ago). I called him today after reading so many post here and then gave me a totally different answer. Only 3 units plus a demo.

The current dealer (3rd) had someone cancel due to financial reason and I picked up the last spot for the 1st wave.

The 2nd dealer told me the 2nd wave would be more like December.

At least you aren't getting bored waiting......o_O

·
Registered
212 Posts
They tried to surcharge 6k! I dont know of any cars short of ferrari going 6k over msrp and thats because Ferrari wants a shortage to drive price up.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Chris Ball just updated some better news than you're hearing, might be helpful.

fixmytoysCHRISSupporting Vendor
Update.... My second of two SL's on wave 1 is now spoken for... I have the Grey Base model remaining on the first incoming batch.

Pre-Sale deposits taken on SL's from this point on will be marked in the Polaris dealer system as "pre-sold" the second this option opens giving them priority re-order shipment. All indications right now from Polaris is that this will occur sooner rather than later. No promises or hard timelines yet but it sounds like it could be as short as a couple weeks after the first wave arrives. The faster a dealership registers sold units will most likely dictate the pecking order for more.

Either way you have my word that I will fight, claw and push to get additional units here asap.

Please feel free to PM me with any questions and thanks again for the support of your business.

Here is the link;
http://www.slingshotforums.com/threads/we-are-now-officially-taking-ss-deposits-forum-member-pricing.460/

·
Registered
432 Posts

The current dealer (3rd) had someone cancel due to financial reason and I picked up the last spot for the 1st wave.

The 2nd dealer told me the 2nd wave would be more like December.

the way I understand it , it's going to be 3 units, one to be kept on hand as a show piece (demo). I'm #1 in gray at my dlr. the day it comes in, is the day it goes out.

·
Registered
89 Posts
People that pay over msrp make it bad for everyone because the practice gets more tolerable... I think it's crooked for dealers to do it and I think it's not REAL BRIGHT for customers to pay it,, just like a non refundable deposit = VERY POOR BUISINESS MODEL!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts