Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all

I have a simple question, that I probably should have asked before ordering my SL, but excitement got the best of me!!

I'm trying to figure out how cramped the seating compartment is. Having not ever sat in one, I'm curious how much room there is. I currently have a Polaris Rzr-800 and its a bit cramped for my 6' - 225 lb frame.

Thanks in advance
Dom

·
Registered
497 Posts
I am about the same size and I had no issues at all.

If you ever road in any of the early British sports cars, it is a similar feel

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thx. I had a miata a few years ago. I guess that will be my best comparison.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Due to previous motorcycle, airplane and other crash damage, I'm especially picky about seat comfort. I've heard that the SS seats were 'comfortable' but anyone got comparisons with other power sport vehicles?
I picked the CanAm Commander over the Polaris RZR strictly because of the far superior seats in the CanAm machine. It only took a few seconds sitting to feel the difference. Well, I did feel an attachment to Rotax engines too, spent many hours flying with them.

Anyway, anybody have a comparison of SS to the Commander seats? If they are as good, I'll be happy.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
You can seat a couple of big people in there comfortably without much fear of bumping elbows. The seats are very comfortable themselves too.

·
Registered
541 Posts
When I sat in a demo I was surprised at how soft they felt. Not to hard or soft. Just right. Hope they fill the same on trips.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Does anybody know if the seats are made of the same material as the Polaris Side by side? My son has one and his seats have cracked from exposure to the sun etc.
From what I was told, this is a new technique for Polaris called skin-on-foam where there is a foam interior and the outer shell is sprayed on to the foam to create a completely sealed exterior, but not dissimilar to the weatherproofed seats in a Ranger.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts