Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There has been some discussion about feeling vulnerable with the slingshot's 11" butt height. That got me thinking so I went out and measured seat deck height on my 76 vette.

My vette is currently at standard suspension ride height but does have lower sitting Corbeau A4's, shaved to fit in a C3, racing seats.

Sit height measured at almost 12". I'm curious if anything thinks that 1" will make it feel to vulnerable.
I understand that the vette has more body wrapped around it, but that body is plastic (well SMC) too.

Just thought it was an interesting observation.

NDV

·
Registered
110 Posts
This thread has me very curious to measure the seat height of my lowered C5. I guarantee it sits as low or lower than the SS 11". I can't slide a low profile jack under the car until I drive up at least 3" of ramp height. I'll have to check this out . . .

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm a bit surprised that there's 6" between the SS's bottom and the seat surface.
That's not really much from floor to seat deck. They had to shave A LOT on the A4s to get them into a C3 vette. Turned it in to more of a suspension seat rather than padded. Seat deck is about 4" above mounting level. Mounting area is a well in the C3 FWIW.

Ground to frame is 6.5" on a stock, tired, c3 vette suspension give or take a beer or two.

·
Registered
110 Posts
This thread has me very curious to measure the seat height of my lowered C5. I guarantee it sits as low or lower than the SS 11". I can't slide a low profile jack under the car until I drive up at least 3" of ramp height. I'll have to check this out . . .
OK, so I measured the car over the weekend . . .
I have 4" of ground clearance at side rocker panel, and maybe 8" from butt to ground. :wideyed:
The front spoiler for the radiator is like an inch from the ground, so I'm thinking if the SS is like surfing asphalt, I must be a bobsledding mofo! :woot:

·
Registered
41 Posts
I hope it is 11", from one of the videos where they were test drive the SS, they claimed it was 15" top of seat to the ground.

I have a 1973' 914 Porsche with a seat height of 10" it is Low, That car has a 2.5 Liter Subaru forester engine 175H.P. and weighs in at 2000-Lbs, and completely gone through and upgraded with a lot of 911 and 930 Porsche parts, Rebuilt trans, all new Brakes discs, and calipers, all new wheel bearings, rebuilt rack & pinion steering, SS brake lines, large sway bars and hard Plastic Swaybar bushings, Gas shocks, and better springs, it is setup for Auto-X, she is like a new car, so performance would be somewhat close to the SS.

Except, I can take the targa roof out, and when i have had enough sun, put it back on.

But, I cant carry to much in that car either, several bags of groceries, or for a weekend get away.

==

·
Registered
414 Posts
I remember reading 11" inches somewhere. Just look at the pictures. Ground clearance is 5". No way the seat is another 10" higher, but 6" looks about right.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts