Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm always going to wear my seat belt but I'm curious if I have to wear it by law, in Wisconsin you have to wear a seat belt in a car, however I don't think the law touches on motorcycles. Just wondering how it's going to play out.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I would say by law it's not required. Though I would suggest wearing it as will I. I would
actually like a harness in mine. Wonder if there will be a good way to attach a full harness?

Edit: After reading the Ohio laws. It's not straight forward. But it sounds like if the vehicle
has seat belts they shale be used. Have to make some phone calls to make sure.

http://www.bmv.ohio.gov/faq_three_wheel.stm

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was just curious, though a harness sounds way better than a 3 point seat belt, do let me know if you figure out how to do it

·
Registered
183 Posts
I will for sure share if I'm able to add a harness.

Edit: After studying some of the photo's in our forums gallery. I don't see any easy way to add
a harness. Probably would take different seats and some cutting. Of course I will look more
closely once I have mine!

·
Registered
843 Posts
I'm always going to wear my seat belt but I'm curious if I have to wear it by law, in Wisconsin you have to wear a seat belt in a car, however I don't think the law touches on motorcycles. Just wondering how it's going to play out.
Maybe it dépends on each states...but here in Québec we have to put the belt with the T-Rex!

·
The Pack
5,180 Posts
I'm not going the harness route. I'm thinking they made a wise choice reversing the three point belt. The seats look deep enough to handle most turns. I've flipped a car off a bridge before while wearing a three point and only had a beautiful raspberry across my chest to prove it. o_Oo_O

·
Registered
497 Posts
I'm not going the harness route. I'm thinking they made a wise choice reversing the three point belt. The seats look deep enough to handle most turns. I've flipped a car off a bridge before while wearing a three point and only had a beautiful raspberry across my chest to prove it. o_Oo_O
I am betting there is a pretty good story behind that

·
You could've had a V8
2,380 Posts
Maybe it dépends on each states...but here in Québec we have to put the belt with the T-Rex!
Remember that there is a difference between "seat belts" and "harnesses".

I think a harness would be very easy to retrofit on the SS but in my opinion you really have to want/need it to put up with the PITA harnesses.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Remember that there is a difference between "seat belts" and "harnesses".

I think a harness would be very easy to retrofit on the SS but in my opinion you really have to want/need it to put up with the PITA harnesses.
Is it this kind of harness you talk about? Easy put with the T-Rex because the tubular frame are direct behind you!(I don't find any pics but i find a video!) But with the SS maybe need do drill the body?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts