Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Slingshot Grand Touring Chan Chew Two
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SDF is real for the Slingshot.

Everyone wants to talk to you when you stop. Getting gas is a 20 minute process. The gas is 5 minutes and the banter is the other 15.

Took my watch to a jewler the other day and ended up talking to some people for 15 minutes, finally got in and left or they would still be there.

People stop and want to talk at stop lights and take pictures/videos as we drive by. It is really interesting to watch them.

It is also interesting with all the attention how many people do not notice at all. Interesting....... I am not sure some people would notice an alien UFO landing near them. Those you better watch out for! HA!

The rest of the observant world seems to love the SS and loves to find out about it!

Wearing a helmet also seems to make them notice too! I guess many assume it is a car and you are wearing helmets in a convertible car! Anyway it is really COOL! I love my SS!

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
SDF is real for the Slingshot.

Everyone wants to talk to you when you stop. Getting gas is a 20 minute process. The gas is 5 minutes and the banter is the other 15.

Took my watch to a jewler the other day and ended up talking to some people for 15 minutes, finally got in and left or they would still be there.

People stop and want to talk at stop lights and take pictures/videos as we drive by. It is really interesting to watch them.

It is also interesting with all the attention how many people do not notice at all. Interesting....... I am not sure some people would notice an alien UFO landing near them. Those you better watch out for! HA!

The rest of the observant world seems to love the SS and loves to find out about it!

Wearing a helmet also seems to make them notice too! I guess many assume it is a car and you are wearing helmets in a convertible car! Anyway it is really COOL! I love my SS!
This could be a great time to learn a foreign language. When they ask questions and you don't have the time to answer them, just say. "no English" and use a foreign accent while saying it.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Got gas yesterday, had to move into the sun so a guy could get some pictures. Stopped at Wal Mart, parked the furthest from the building as I could and a Humvee pulled in next to me so he could look at it, he even asked if it was OK with me if he looked at it. He didn't touch anything just looked and asked questions. On the way out as I was pulling out of my parking spot someone pulled in front of me so I couldn't get out until they took their pictures and in the mean time another couple came walking over, him asking questions her taking pictures. Now I know what Brad Pitt feels like...haha

·
Registered
26 Posts
I still get questions all the time driving my 2012 spyder rs-s. The funiest was a guy asking if I converted it from a snowmobile!
I guess I'll be ready when I get my slingshot

·
Registered
290 Posts
How about the "slingshot drive by filming" I had a vehicle at freeway speeds swerving , speeding up and slowing down in my "safety space" only to observe this guy driving and filming with one hand. I would loose him temporarily , only to have him return. Finally he must have got the shot. Don't invade my space at speed for the cool picture please. I will gladly give you the specs at the next stop...I enjoy telling people about the SS.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Lol. My wife gets the credit for SDF. Lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts