Polaris Slingshot Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

I have a 2022 Slingshot R with the new vented hood. While I do love the look I went for a ride and my engine compartment was full of grasshoppers and bugs lol. I'm wondering if anyone has developed screens for the hood vents on the R model. For the center of the hood and also for the headlight surrounds. Could be a simple frame with 3M, mounted externally and some nice chicken wire lol. I dont have a 3d Printer or scanner so just checking.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I haven't worked on one of those yet, usually I'm replacing an OEM vent with aftermarket and use the bolts with fender washers to hold the screen. Without seeing under the new hood I'd have to guess aluminum cross-bracing would be required (hardware store); I've mounted other things that way...two 90° brackets and a piece of angle.
Will look into it. The bottom of the hood is all one piece and honestly looks like carbon fiber but for the price I’m sure it’s probably fiberglass. Using a brack I would basically have to use adhesive to attach to the underside of the hood.I was also thinking to 3D print a frame with the screen and 3M to attach to the outside of the vent so wind pressure had no chance of pushing it in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts