Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the 2016 black pearl. Assault industries will paint the fender my color if they have the paint code.
Dealer didn't know. How or where do I find it??

·
Registered
246 Posts
what are people using to fill scratches in the hood? Have a nice 1 to 2 " thin scratch in the hood above the tire area. looks like a rock nicked the hood. so trying to figure whats best way to fill the scratch and then get touch up paint.

does Polaris sell OEM touch up paint? I guess with black any black gloss will be good enough and cheaper.

This is a 2016 LE black SS.

·
Registered
688 Posts
If it's not too deep, you could try polishing it out with Mother's Polish.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Had on order from my SS dealer in Nashville TN for spme red touch up paint. They have no idea when it will be in, so I dug on the web. Found a business called TouchUPDirect in CA. Ordered their #VIC030 Victory Havasu Red touch up pen and a clear coat pen. Color "looks" deadup perfect with the clear coat on. Had a few stone dings and they look great now. Super happy with the paint. Just a FYI for you guys.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I still have an order withstanding with Polaris for the touch up paint, I just got tired with no delivery date available. Hope your luck is better with them.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Supposed to be here next week we will see I really don't need it but I ordered it since the dealers don't stock it for some reason

·
2,333 Posts
Had on order from my SS dealer in Nashville TN for spme red touch up paint. They have no idea when it will be in, so I dug on the web. Found a business called TouchUPDirect in CA. Ordered their #VIC030 Victory Havasu Red touch up pen and a clear coat pen. Color "looks" deadup perfect with the clear coat on. Had a few stone dings and they look great now. Super happy with the paint. Just a FYI for you guys.
Yup.....

Paint Code | Polaris Slingshot Forum

·
Registered
163 Posts
Really hope you get it. Two weeks was what they, my dealer, told me......two months ago. Sort of like when I ordered my SS back in May with a two week delivery time which turned out to be 4 months. Please advise IF you do get it as promised so I can raise a little &%# with my dealer....TKS!!!!

·
Registered
246 Posts
its too deep to polish out. looks like a rock skipped across the hood section over the front tire :(

will need to fill and touch up... or maybe just multi layers of touch up paint allowing it to dry between layers

1 - 20 of 40 Posts