Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of adding a Scorpio Alarm System to our SS. Any comments from Scorpio owners, pro or con on the system?? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I too was going to purchase one also to put on the Sling. But the dealership mentioned that they discontinued the Factory Slingshot Scorpio alarm due to battery drainage. So I decided to go another route and decided to go with Viper alarm. Cannot load to much electronics on our stock batteries...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I too was going to purchase one also to put on the Sling. But the dealership mentioned that they discontinued the Factory Slingshot Scorpio alarm due to battery drainage. So I decided to go another route and decided to go with Viper alarm. Cannot load to much electronics on our stock batteries...
Well, there went a good idea... Thanks for the response.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Scorpio actually makes a universal alarm that looks identical to the Slingshot alarm but works on all models including 2018 and 2019. Polaris alarm did not work for newer models. I have no alarm experience, and I installed in about 2 hours. Its pretty much 3 wires. If you can read instructions, you can install. But make sure you get the perimeter sensors as the slingshot is an open cockpit. You dont have to set the alarm either. It unarms when you start the vehicle and arms when you get out vehicle. I will say, only thing you dont get that the factory alarm has is the blinking tail lights when alarm sets. But who needs that when it beeps lol. Works even better if you have the keyless igntion. Will be glad to offer more info on my install if needed.

·
Registered
86 Posts
This was one of the first things I bought for my Slingshot. It works great people at work tell me they stop to look at it sometimes and after a few seconds it starts telling them to go away.
As far as battery drain I'm not sure because the second thing I bought for my Slingshot was a yellow top battery.
Its worth the money knowing when I'm in my motel room if the alarm goes off my clicker lets me know.

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
It is our experience that an alarm system is just asking for more aggravation than it prevents. Around here at least a car alarm usually goes totally ignored, or maybe draws a grin or a laugh. On the other side of the coin, the kids in the community where I work really enjoy vehicles with a sensitive alarm system installed! :D
As I posted on a sister Forum:
  • It is so funny that this topic came up now for even as I write this there is a lil war going on with an employee with an alarm in his car and 5 or 6 mischievous juveniles. The kids sneak up, jostle the car to set off the alarm then running off as the owner goes charging outside, this has been going on all morning to the humor of everybody else in the building!

• There it goes again!! :p
Taking a couple of minutes to install the cockpit cover has proven to be effectively cheap insurance for when we want to keep looky-loos out of the Grasshopper, plus it has the added benefit of keeping the seats clean and cool! :)

Bill

An added note where the Grasshopper happened to be sitting right next to the car in the story above where the same kids looked it over really well, but otherwise it went unmolested! :smug:
bill

·
Registered
86 Posts
You can adjust these alarms down to where you want as far as sensitive. I agree that a alarm without a key fob
To let you know its going off are not much use! But the last thing I want to have to do is put a cover on it every
time we want to go in and eat a bite or stop for a drink.

·
Registered
6 Posts
You can adjust these alarms down to where you want as far as sensitive. I agree that a alarm without a key fob
To let you know its going off are not much use! But the last thing I want to have to do is put a cover on it every
agreed. The scorpio lets you deactivate perimeter or shock at any time with push of button. and I didnt have to pay yo install it. I do get false alert from shock sometimes. but it can be turned off. but Im more concerned with the perimter. Pair with keyless ignition and youve got two nice useful upgrades. I keep car cover in trunk. But if its not raining, I dont even bother. Takes too long. and covering a dirty car is more harm than good. Try getting scratches out. metal is one thing but the sling is plastic.

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
.................. But the last thing I want to have to do is put a cover on it every
We very seldom put the cover on the Grasshopper if we are only going to be away from it an hour or two, it is mostly only for extended periods. If we were to worry about the SlingShot every time we parked it, we might as well just leave it at home tucked in nice, cozy and safe in the garage..............

Bill

·
Registered
6 Posts

How do they work with a Optima Yellow Top?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
141 Posts
Have mine alarm over 4- years and never had a battery/Alarm issue

1 - 15 of 15 Posts