Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yet another clueless person reviews the SS. I am surprised at Tavarish's comments. He is usually pretty spot on.

If you have high blood pressure, you may not want to watch this. ;)

And if you rent out your Slingshot on Turo (Cristian A.)….this may be your actual bike.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
After just reading the title reviewing the SlingShot as a "car", I already surmised that there wasn't any need to actually listen to the commentary.

Justina and I just returned from two weeks, 5 states, and over 2500 miles in our SlingShot, yes we enjoyed the trip very much where the SlingShot made a fantastic sightseeing vehicle, but we also found our limits of just how long, or how far, we will want to travel in the SlingShot in the future within any time constraints.

Bill

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I'm usually one that doesn't mind criticism about the ss because you do you like it or you don't. But this guy is a total idiot. I did 1100 miles in 17 hours going 85 to 90 plus coming back from the 1st Maggie Valley rally then I got home and the wife said let's go for a ride. So that's what we did. The guy's opinion is worthless

·
Registered
124 Posts
Just finished up a 7214-mile drive pulling a trailer, other than rain from Kansas to NC, the ride was great, with no problems at all . Had to replace a rear tire in Rapid City and will have to replace it again soon. A trailer will eat up a rear tire very quickly, especially doing the 80 mph speed limits out west.

·
Registered
124 Posts
what type of hitch have you got on your Sling?
How much weight are you pulling?
Wyked hitch, which is a great hitch,( except if you have a fender on your rear wheel). The base will hit the fender on a pothole and end up cracking it, or breaking it like it did on mine. NO fender, no problem. I do not have anything but good things to say about the hitch. It is much better than others I have tried. I pull a Bushtec turbo + 2 trailer, total heaviest weight on this trip[ was at 260lbs. 125lbs for the trailer and 3 weeks worth of stuff. I will say my average mileage at 80mph was 19mpg, so it was a heavy load at high speed for extended periods of time.

·
Registered
612 Posts
He is probably highly trusted for his reviews of cars, so I totally understand what he is saying.
  1. He already didn't like the Slingshot, but rented one for a 4-hour drive in the hot Florida summer sun anyway.
  2. He forgot to wear sunscreen.
  3. He forgot to bring a change of clothes.
  4. He didn't prepare for rain, and that's understandable. Where he lives in Florida it probably never rains.
  5. The Slingshot's goofy styling must have caused the tornado weather.
  6. The Slingshot is to blame for the bumper to bumper traffic he drove into.
  7. Even though a Slingshot will only go 85, he was surprised at the sound of 90 mph wind, in an open cockpit vehicle. He must have been caught up in the funnel! (He didn't mention it, but I bet the music he was listening to was bad, too.)
  8. Anything waterproof is like a cheap video game.
  9. If the Slingshot had been a better "car," his hotel would no doubt have had a way to dry his clothes.
Given these "facts" in his totally unbiased review, I totally get what he is saying. Wait. I just thought of something. Now picture this exact same review, but this time he's relating his experience with the world's finest bicycle. Except for the speeds mentioned in #5, his review would make the same amount of sense: none.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Sounds like he had made up his mind before he got into the sling. My SLR Does well over 85 and it sure is fast enough to keep up with Florida traffic !!!I know I live here!! He must have been in a sling that had problems from the start! I went from Harley to sling and glad I did !! Been on Harleys all my life now at 64 years young!!!

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I could not listen past the point where he does not know anything technical about the vehicle at all. His descriptions of anything specific to the vehicle are grade school level at best. I guess he appeals to a certain demographic of YouTuber but I wouldn't take anything he says seriously.

Summary of his review . Realize I only watched the first minute or so so I am not even sure how it ends.....

"So, I wanted to give this thingy called a slingshot a go so I figured the bestest way to try one of these thingy's out is to rent one using this app on my cell phone. I had no clue someone like myself could get too much sun or even wet piloting a vehicle that does not have an enclosed cockpit. I even tweeted this out to all my tweetsters, snapchatsters and instagramsters before I left. Not one of them sent me a warning back that I might just be getting myself into some trouble with this thingy. Maybe my facebooker's would have stepped up to warn me but I needed to leave, the sky was getting dark and I did not have time to post up all the selfies of me sitting in this three wheeled slingshot thingy until after I had finished the trip. That was a huge mistake that I will not make again. I really hope all of you can appreciate the hardship I had trying to even drive this confangled vehicle obviously devised by engineers that received their educations prior to the invention of the internet and the advent of social media. Had they done so they would have quickly realized that an invention like this is actually neither a motorcycle nor an automobile. Perhaps then they could have taken some sort of poll to see if anyone would ever even begin to understand such a contraption of confoogled pieces and parts.

In summary, I hated this experience will all of my heart but stay tuned to my next review of a smart for two that was offered to me by the owner of the airbnb I was staying at last weekend. This review is full of twists and turns as I navigate the byways and attempt to get a mocha frapuccino back to my overnight couch rental without spilling any of it."

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Ya know, upon further contemplation, this guy is actually right, the SlingShot does make for a very poor automobile experience, something most of us happy and content owners can agree upon, correct? So, with his doing this review showing how bad of a "car" the SlingShot is, maybe this will enlighten and deter those folks really wanting a "car" from becoming "disappointed" by mistakenly purchasing a SlingShot? :p

Bill

·
Registered
43 Posts
I like bad reviews of the toys I have. Keeps it more exclusive. And I don't care one iota what anybody writes up. it's how I feel. If the reviews were all positive everybody would get one and the stares would disappear and there goes my rock star status :)

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hmmm. The isn't getting much love these days. But this guy liked it....a little. Maybe? In the end you always have to consider the source with these "youtubers". They are always just out for views. What do they know about cars....err I mean bikes? ;) lol

1 - 20 of 20 Posts