Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Figured I'd be the first to post here. Anyone from Massachusetts put in an order for a new Slingshot yet??? And if so which dealer did you go through? Would love to see/drive one before ordering.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Wassup Eric, I'm in Western Mass, and there is a dealer in my area who will be a retailer. I was going to put a deposit down after talking to him, but with an October release date, I was wondering would it be worth it with the weather, or just wait till Spring. Still debating, but I'm definitely buying one.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wassup Eric, I'm in Western Mass, and there is a dealer in my area who will be a retailer. I was going to put a deposit down after talking to him, but with an October release date, I was wondering would it be worth it with the weather, or just wait till Spring. Still debating, but I'm definitely buying one.
Hey Fastlanez, I'm in Central Mass and am debating on ordering one with a friend as well. Still want to see one in person before dropping the coin! We should meet up when we get our slingshots!!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Sounds like a plan to me! Are you guys thinking of a purchase this year, or Spring? The weather here is starting to give us cool mornings already,,, (so not happy about that), I'm leaning more and more towards Spring.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Sounds like a plan to me! Are you guys thinking of a purchase this year, or Spring? The weather here is starting to give us cool mornings already,,, (so not happy about that), I'm leaning more and more towards Spring.
I ordered my 2015 from Higgins Powersports in Barre. I am working on an enclosure for those of us that ride 9 months or more.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Nice! I actually bought mine from Higgins in January. It's been sitting there waiting for me to take delivery, since old man winter has been kicking our butts for months. Just scheduled my pickup for April with Alan today. I am going to drop it by a custom exhaust shop in an effort to produce some noise!!! Hope it have something all set for the riding season.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I ordered my 2015 from Higgins Powersports in Barre. I am working on an enclosure for those of us that ride 9 months or more.
What part of Mass are you in? We should definitely link up. I also keep in touch with @ConnMan who has his already in CT, and we will be doing some riding..

·
Registered
481 Posts
I was out Sunday afternoon. Kind of wishing for the cockpit heat problem to kick in. Once someone puts together some kind of heater I'm in.

·
Registered
27 Posts
So I heard the shop I was going to take it to, I should pass on... I saw a post on here by Xtreme2424 under Engine & Performance on a cat delete and CAI, the sound was transformed. Maybe I will give this a shot and take it from there. I just want to eliminate the Hoover vacuum sound.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Yup, I think that is a great decision. It's not an 8 cylinder engine or a metric bike or a subaru so you will never get any of those tones but I think if you do those mods you will be heard better on the road. Plus you could do that yourself.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I'm thinking coi, and seeing what they can come up with at lou's exhaust. Unless I see an exhaust that blows me out of the water.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello there from Springfield Ma. I have had a deposit on a SL model from the Indian dealer in Westfield for about six weeks and the last time me and couple of buddies took a ride out on our two wheelers there was still no news about a possible delivery date. All they could say was when they get a vin# from Polaris they would get me in to get the paperwork and delivery started. Not holding my breath and at this point just hope it happens before the snow returns.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Dealer in Oxford Maine has an SL for sale. Dealer I got mine from in December says he has no idea when he will be getting any he has on order. So you may want to buy it when and where they are available.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Hello there from Springfield Ma. I have had a deposit on a SL model from the Indian dealer in Westfield for about six weeks and the last time me and couple of buddies took a ride out on our two wheelers there was still no news about a possible delivery date. All they could say was when they get a vin# from Polaris they would get me in to get the paperwork and delivery started. Not holding my breath and at this point just hope it happens before the snow returns.

Get a list of dealers from the Polaris website within 100 miles. I'm sure one of them will have stock to sell. No need to wait for a specific dealership, they all vary as to availability and price.

·
Registered
14 Posts
While I don't mind being referred to as a Masshole being I still live here. But not able to register on the owners map because this Masshole stills waits and wonders when other ---holes will get their ---holes in gear and start getting preorders filled... Thanks for the heads up on the SL in Oxford Maine but just mapquested it and it's 3 and half hours at least from me and work and life get in the way of making the trip at this time. I guess I'll just enjoy my Harley until the day comes that I can put my pin on that map and start meeting some of the fun loving folks that have already. Thanks for the info

1 - 20 of 30 Posts