Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I finished installing new stereo and installed the Sirius module. After reading some of the earlier threads I put the antenna above the glove box below the dash... Lots of cutting out. Today I moved the antenna to the dash between the wind shield and the post. Better but still a ton of cutting out. Over 50%. I’m in New England and lots of tree cover but same roads I drive in my SUV with no issues. Anyone have any suggestions on a better mounting location? Thanks for any thoughts

·
Registered
134 Posts
So I finished installing new stereo and installed the Sirius module. After reading some of the earlier threads I put the antenna above the glove box below the dash... Lots of cutting out. Today I moved the antenna to the dash between the wind shield and the post. Better but still a ton of cutting out. Over 50%. I’m in New England and lots of tree cover but same roads I drive in my SUV with no issues. Anyone have any suggestions on a better mounting location? Thanks for any thoughts
Which antenna are you using?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Or you can run under the front hood and attach to the frame bars ?
It’s a pioneer 8200. Under the hood was going to me the next place I try

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
For any automotive application, placing any antenna as high as possible usually provides the best reception. I have a Twist Dynamics Gen 2 Top and was going to mount my antenna in the center of the dash behind my MadStad windshield, but I couldn't pick up crap. I held the antenna in my hand and as soon as I moved the antenna so it just above the front bar of the TD Top, my reception improved dramatically.
Don't know how long your Sat antenna cable is, but if you can mount it clear of body components above it, I'd think that that should help maximize reception.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts